cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No promoted listings, but being charged for promoted listing sales

I have had this happen numerous times. Now again. I have called because of this issue several times and mostly get representatives who have no clue about nothing.  I have no promoted listyings and won't have any more, because I am getting charged for who knows what. When I click on promoted listings and sales, I see a charge for an item that sold yesterday, but I did not have an active promoted sale running. Please some Ebay professional look into this. I am tired of hanging 5 hours on the phone to get agents who have no clue about things. I don't want to pay for promoted listings, when there are no active promotions running.

become my friend at Facebook
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@seedsbulkseeds

If any buyer who has clicked on one of your promoted listings at any time during the last 30 days, then purchases that item, you will be charged the promoted listings fee. The promoted listings campaign does not need to be active at the time of purchase. Have you had any PL campaigns that ended during the past 30 days?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You're lucky, I seem to be stuck with a promoted listing that has no end date?

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@seedsbulkseeds

If any buyer who has clicked on one of your promoted listings at any time during the last 30 days, then purchases that item, you will be charged the promoted listings fee. The promoted listings campaign does not need to be active at the time of purchase. Have you had any PL campaigns that ended during the past 30 days?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@paudoh-16

You can manually end a campaign at any time using the "actions" dropdown to the right of the campaign on your promoted listings dashboard.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

@paudoh-16

You can manually end a campaign at any time using the "actions" dropdown to the right of the campaign on your promoted listings dashboard.

It only gives me two options. Edit Campaign and Download report. If  I go into edit Campaign, it gives me no options there. I've tried to remove listings and it won't let me.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Active
May 17, 2018
Continuous

This what it says. No end date and they've already charged me $33.85 . Good Grief.  This is  how they're going to prop themselves up????

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The check box to the left doesn't work either? That SHOULD activate a box you can click at the top to end it. If that doesn't work, you may need to call ebay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

The check box to the left doesn't work either? That SHOULD activate a box you can click at the top to end it. If that doesn't work, you may need to call ebay.

Oh I'll be calling them. They also had another campaign that showed starting on July 16th with no items. I was able to cancel that one but this won't give me an option. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes, that explains, it, thank you. I had campaigns on and off, just didn't understnad why I was charged for sales, when I didn't have a campaign. These are obviously people who put their items in a cart and returned many days later after the campain had ended to purchase the items. Now you should think an Ebay representative on the phone would give you that explanation, but they had no idea. Not sure, what they get paid for, most of them are no help at all. thans for your response.

become my friend at Facebook
Message 9 of 9
latest reply