cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No payment but invoiced by ebay!

Hi guys, 2 weeks ago after a biding one guy won my PS4. After 2 days i wrote to him asking for payment.. he replyed that he got some card issues and he will pay.. after i week i wrote him again.. still the same card problem.. after 2 weeks. no more replys and now i got an invoice from ebay...   Any advices ? i can't get in touch with ebay.. i wrote them on Fb..but nothing yet. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When a buyer does not pay, after 48 hours you can open an unpaid item(UPI) in the resolution center. If they still do not pay, after another 96 hours you can close as unpaid.  FVF is credited back.

You will need to pay the fees that you have been invoiced.

Open a UPI, close the UPI. You will get a credit to the next invoice.

Edit: 48 hr, 96hr is for US sellers. UK time frame may vary. Check at ebay  UK

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Open an Unpaid Item claim

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

You will either get paid or if not the buyer recieves a non-payment strike and you get your fees refunded.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@daddyneky wrote:

Hi guys, 2 weeks ago after a biding one guy won my PS4. After 2 days i wrote to him asking for payment.. he replyed that he got some card issues and he will pay.. after i week i wrote him again.. still the same card problem.. after 2 weeks. no more replys and now i got an invoice from ebay...   Any advices ? i can't get in touch with ebay.. i wrote them on Fb..but nothing yet. 

At the top of every eBay page is a link called "Help & Contact" that lets you search the copious documentation that eBay has provided to answer just this sort of question. 

SImply typing "payment" into the search box would have gotten you all the information you need with the "Getting paid for items you've sold" page. 

That side ... 

The short answer is this - eBay will invoice you for the final value fees at the time the listing ends. They have no idea whether how long you are willing to wait for payment, so they are waiting for you to file an unpaid item case so that the buyer can be looped it. (Because eBay is not just going to take your word for it; otherwise unscrupulous sellers would claim buyers never paid when the buyer really did). 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

No reason to contact Ebay.  You open an Unpaid Item Dispute after 48 hrs (may be different as stated earlier where you are) close 96 hrs later.  You get your fees back and buyer gets a strike.

There are many things you can do online, without needing to call Ebay about them.

Saves time.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply