cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Unpaid Cases?

Ok, so I've been slowly making the leave from ebay in the last couple months and missed some big changes. A few days back I sold a sweater and then- nothing- no payment, so I go to open an unpaid case and that appears to be gone. 

Instead I see a "cancel option", which only allows me three (incorrect) options:

-Item is out of stock

-Buyer asked to cancel

-Issue with buyers address

Uh, what about deadbeat bidders? How do I cancel and make sure this buyer gets a strike so others won't have to deal with them?

Sad that this is what ebay has come to after 20 years of being on this platform. It was "nice knowing ya, ebay"!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: No more Unpaid Cases?

Don't fret... eBay has streamlined the UI process for sellers. After 4 days, if the item is still unpaid, your deadbeat gets a strike and you are free to relist. You're right... the UI strikes are best for all sellers in the deadbeats' futures. Good luck to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Don't fret... eBay has streamlined the UI process for sellers. After 4 days, if the item is still unpaid, your deadbeat gets a strike and you are free to relist. You're right... the UI strikes are best for all sellers in the deadbeats' futures. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks @mtgraves7984  its been 3 days so will give it another one.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

On the 5th day after the purchase you will be able to choose cancel item with the reason that the buyer hasn’t paid.  The buyer immediately receives a strike and you can relist.  The system was changed in the last few months.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=12&pos=1&que...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply