cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Classic Shipping Label Printing

...so they finally turned off our ability to print shipping labels by selecting the Classic option.  I'm so irritated I could scream.  Wait...I must have screamed, my wife just asked me what happened....

I don't think the Everything-Is-Better-If-It's-New folks understand how sellers try to squeeze every penny of profit they can from the system while maintaining our service standards.  In my case, I live in Florida and shipping to the West Coast, Alaska, and Hawaii can get quite pricey with calculated Priority Mail.  Whenever possible I quote Priority Mail shipping and a shipping charge based on Flat Rate Box charges (or Parcel Select when appropriate).   If a buyer lives in my corner of the country and the item is small and/or light, say a couple of pounds, it's frequently less expensive to ship with Calculated Priority Mail than a Flat Rate Box.  The buyer still gets Priority Mail service either way, but I might be able to save a bit in my shipping cost by using Calculated.

The Classic Label Printing option had a crystal-clear drop-down box showing all shipping options based upon the size and weight I had entered.  In 90+% of my Priority Mail and all Parcel Select sales I'd check the box to see my shipping options.  I would frequently be able to upgrade to Priority from Parcel Select in many cases.  I'd also be able to easily see how Calculated Priority compared against the Flat Rate costs, in particular the Regional A and Regional B boxes.

Can I eventually get all this done with the Improved Shipping Labels screen? Absolutely.
With these new abilities provided by Ebay I can even keep a piece of paper and a pen on my desk to write down and compare my shipping options with each label.  On the days I'm lucky enough to wake up to 5-10 sales I can now decide if I want to process shipping quickly or spend a chunk of my morning trying to make a few extra bucks with shipping.

I/We really need all shipping options and costs in a single place, like the old screen.  I frequently change or upgrade shipping that was quoted in my Ebay listing due to costs, insurance, delivery speed.  The item I'm trying to mail USPS Priority right this moment is a perfect example. It's fairly light, but depending on how far away the buyer is, I have to decide which is cheapest: A)calculated B)Flat Rate Medium C)Flat Rate Regional A (if it'll fit) or D)Flate Rate Regional B.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: No more Classic Shipping Label Printing

I agree that "The classic shipping was compact and quick" .  I had to void the first label I printed without using classic. Now. I have to wait to get a refund on the voided label. We should have a choice if we want to continue to use Classic Shipping!!!!  This is such a MESS!!

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

"You can't teach a old dog (like myself) new tricks."

I have to admit, i hated the new one too, but after using it a while it's not so bad. I was the biggest critic of the new style.  I promise you'll get used to it. 

What i can't stand is getting a email every time i print a shipping label that says "my label is ready".  Why do we need this? Is this part of the new system or am i only noticing it now?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 32 of 35
latest reply

I often ship from a different zip code other than my home zip code. 

In the classic shipping calculator, there was a box to check if shipping from another zip code. With the new shipping calculator, that option is not there and I have no way to ship from a zip code other than my home zip code. 

Now, when I print a label it has my home zip code. If I drop off a package with the wrong "SHIPPED FROM" zip code, the post office will not accept the package.

How inconvenient! 

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Using "back_to_classic" instead of "new_label" in the address bar worked as late as 10/28/19. I just tried it today on 10/30/19 and it just keeps going back to "new_label"

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Yep. Apparently sometime during the night they wiped out the redirect to the old page.

I HATE that the label prints smaller than the old one.
Message 35 of 35
latest reply