cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No matter what I do....$2000 a month on ebay- dosen't MATTER what I do- THE SAME??

No matter what I do- $2000- I used to do $8500- $10K A MONTH, AND i DID THIS FOR years- IF i WORKED MORE i MADE MORE BUT THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT IS ANYMORE- for the last 2 years- LIKE CLOCKWORK- $2K.

I can list 2X what I normally do- what's my total- 2K.

I can take off 2 weeks and list for 2 weeks- same thing- 2k.

i CAN LIST 1/2 OF WHAT i NORMALLY DO- 2K.

i GUESS EBAY THINKS i AM WORTH 24K A YEAR- THIS IS BELOW MINIMUM WAGE AND IT IS AN 80% DROP IN MY BUSINESS AND IT SIMPLY is not enough EBAY.

six bucks an hour ebay- after 14 years of service!

mb

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: No matter what I do....$2000 a month on ebay- dosen't MATTER what I do- THE SAME??

$2000 per month sounds awesome, whether that is gross or net.  Reminds me of the manager at a McD I worked at years ago who was fretting over doing only a $10,000 breakfast one morning.  I refrained from dialing Whine One One for him, since I still needed the job and was still a month or more away from finally volunteering to go to Bosnia to finally escape that racket.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Re: No matter what I do....$2000 a month on ebay- dosen't MATTER what I do- THE SAME??

But mcking served billions lol
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 3 of 73
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

$2000 per month sounds awesome, whether that is gross or net.  Reminds me of the manager at a McD I worked at years ago who was fretting over doing only a $10,000 breakfast one morning.  I refrained from dialing Whine One One for him, since I still needed the job and was still a month or more away from finally volunteering to go to Bosnia to finally escape that racket.

That is a funny story!

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

Been that way for YEARS for me now.. regardless of if I have 100 or 800 listings, I max out at a certain number & WON'T be allowed to go above it.  You should feel lucky if you're getting $2k a month anyway, I've gone from $6k a month to less than 2 for the past 2 months & ebay is telling me there is NOTHING wrong with a 75% loss of sales for months on end now.  They are screwing us all.

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

Why don't you go back to Bosnia and escape it again?

MB

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

I used to have the same average of 2k per month (before fees) too no matter what I did no matter how many listings I had. Whether it was 500 or 1000. Then a couple years ago they magically dropped it to around 1200-1500 no matter what I do. Looks like this month may be even less. It's horrible and discouraging. Now I miss the 2k and living has gotten incredibly difficult. 

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

@madmax69trojan wrote:

Why don't you go back to Bosnia and escape it again?

MB

Personal attack or an attempt at humor?

That said, I ended up not going to Bosnia after all.  Instead, I ended up working 45 days at an intermediate staging base in Hungary, one of the best deployments I had before I retired.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 73
latest reply

I can say the same for your post dude.

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

Agree that there is a cap. They are trying to control slicing up the pie.

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

I second everything you said madmax!
Message 11 of 73
latest reply

Xenophobobie isn't good to anyone.
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 12 of 73
latest reply

Thank you treasures. Good luck to YOU with your own sales too, Very sad what has happened to us all here.

Max

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

@madmax69trojan wrote:

No matter what I do- $2000- I used to do $8500- $10K A MONTH, AND i DID THIS FOR years- IF i WORKED MORE i MADE MORE BUT THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT IS ANYMORE- for the last 2 years- LIKE CLOCKWORK- $2K.

I can list 2X what I normally do- what's my total- 2K.

I can take off 2 weeks and list for 2 weeks- same thing- 2k.

i CAN LIST 1/2 OF WHAT i NORMALLY DO- 2K.

i GUESS EBAY THINKS i AM WORTH 24K A YEAR- THIS IS BELOW MINIMUM WAGE AND IT IS AN 80% DROP IN MY BUSINESS AND IT SIMPLY is not enough EBAY.

six bucks an hour ebay- after 14 years of service!

mb

The management at eBay believes they are doing you a favor allowing you to list and you had better be very grateful.

Buyers love to claim that they are the reason eBay is a success, not the sellers.  However, it is the sellers that give reason for buyer to bother coming to eBay, and more and more they have less reason.

There is only so much time available for buying on line and eBay is no longer the only place to buy.

Add to that, all the work eBay requires to do a listing, the demands for things that were never needed before WHEN THE SELLING RATE WAS HIGHER.  eBay constantly provided features nobody asked for and then expects seller to pay for then in fees, often hidden in FVFs.

As a buyer, it doesn't matter how much is listed if what you want isn't there.  You just look on another site.  You buy something you don't want just to please eBay.

All the stuff eBay demands in a listing just says buyers must to too stupid to know what they are buying.  They never had that problem before.

Still not sure how having me go from unlimited listings to being restricted to 100 helps eBay or my buyers.  None of whom ever complained to eBay, not one.  

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

As a buyer, it doesn't matter how much is listed if what you want isn't there.  You just look on another site.  You don't buy something you don't want just to please eBay.

Winner winner chicken dinner!   If I can't find it, all the spam and redirects are not going to lure me into buying something else. I'm after what I want for a reason, because that's what I want. I just go elsewhere.

Message 15 of 73
latest reply