cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Free Listing the Past 2 Months!

What happened to the free listing offers the past 2 months? I don't have a lot of items so those offers mean a lot to me. I've been waiting to relist but haven't seen an offer since Christmas! ebay needs the money? How about a Bonus for Sellers like employees got?  Just saying!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@waldoneatsiewrote:

What happened to the free listing offers the past 2 months? I don't have a lot of items so those offers mean a lot to me. I've been waiting to relist but haven't seen an offer since Christmas! ebay needs the money? How about a Bonus for Sellers like employees got?  Just saying!

Stinks, don't it?  I've been waiting 30 years for the electric company to give me FREE power.  Same with the county water and sewer.  No dice.  Phone company, same thing.  FREE FREE FREE, I want more FREE stuff.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 24 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Yeah, I've maxed out my listings for the month, too.   But I have a store and freebies for store owners are few and far between.  So, will just limp along/just wait it out another week until the new month begins.

On the up side, eBay *did* send me a special offer today.  A special email telling me about all the money I would save *if only* I used eBay labels.   Duh, you idiots.  I always buy/use eBay labels which you darned well should know, but thanks for being so thoughtful and the "tip!"     {rolling eyes/shaking head}  Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

@waldoneatsiewrote:

Ebay gives non store sellers 50 free listings every month.  Since you said you do not have  a lot of items, I question what you call "not a lot of items?

Price your low number of items at a  price they will sell at.  It is not how many listing as you know based on your desire to list a low number of items but the effect creating listing that will garner results. 

Be a seller that shows results not a side walker seller.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

I average 2 per month, more than I can use. Maybe it's because I have not sold anything since Christmas. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Have not sold since November.

i miss it.

but because of where I live know, think my eBay days are over

guess I’ll always have this board...

letoulousain
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

At the most I may have 50 items but usually around 30 or less.  Besides the usual 50 free there were offers for free auction or buy it now for a few days during most months but no the last several months.  I do pretty well with selling but it takes a lot of time to take and edit pics (I'm picky).  I have a lot of antique items from my family estate and my home but sometimes it goes pretty slow listing because of a busy life.  Any way, just wondered if anyone knew why the extra free listing times haven't been offered.  Thank you for the reply.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Hi, the recent trend is eBay is moving away from giving the extra freebies. My selling ID has only had one offer in past months while my buying ID has had more, trying to tempt another soul into giving selling a try. So active selling accounts just aren't seeing the number of free listings they had in the past. They figure, you're already selling so they target the non-selling members. That makes sense. There is always an ongoing effort to convert buyers into sellers with the "List It. Sell It. Collect the Cash." ads they run. There are also some here who say that too many garbage listings went up when there were unlimited free listing promos going on. People just slapping up undesireable items with little chance of selling because there was no skin in the game, making it harder for buyers to find the gems. 

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

@waldoneatsiewrote:

You get 50 for free. That's 50 that they don't have to give anyone.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@waldoneatsiewrote:

I've already used up my 50. But in return, my sales are starting to pick up just a bit. It's important to make every listing count. Adjust your prices, make your listings attractive. If an item isn't selling, find another that will.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

There's already been about 6 or more free listing offers this year.  Another one should be here soon.

If you want to list more than 50 a month, just open another account or two.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

If you are talking about special offers extra than the 50 standard free listings each month i don't think it matters.. This because usually those offers are restricted to one category of listings which most of the times is the less popular or is to difficult to find some items for that category to fill even 10 free listings.

I wish those extras fall under a category that each seller usually lists.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@waldoneatsiewrote:

What happened to the free listing offers the past 2 months?

I got these promotions on both of my selling accounts: 

50 free from Jan 7-13

100 free from Jan 25-29

100 free from Feb 1-6

200 free from Feb 7-11

100 free from Feb 17-20

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

I haven't gotten anything for Feb and don't remember for Jan. either (besides the usual 50), That's why I was surprised. The only one was for musical or something like that which expired.  I didn't get any of those mentioned.  I usually get those but haven't so maybe I should call ebay and ask.  I won't relist and pay .30.  I offer my items at a low cost to start with so .30 may not seem like much but with the sold fees and supplies it takes quite a bit from any profit. Thank You.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

That was not a very nice reply! I'm not asking for hand-outs!  Just wondering why I haven't received any offers besides the usual 50.  I list during my free time and mostly items from my family estate and offer at a cost lower than most similiar items since I need to clear for space.  I don't have wiggle room to make money, I don't escalate shipping. An extra .30 is meaningful to me plus cost for supplies.  I think you misunderstood my question, I'm not asking for welfare!!

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Sounds like you might want to try upgrading to a store.   Best regards

Message 15 of 37
latest reply