cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Access to delivery location, buyer opens dispute

Last week I sold a $200 dollar item. Buyer asked me to ship to an international address different than the one listed on the order. I refused, buyer said the address on the order would work. I shipped it out last week and USPS has reported that they attempted delivery but couldn't access the delivery location. The buyer complained and I directed the buyer to the USPS website, explaining that they could reschedule delivery or head to the local office and pick it up there. Instead, the buyer opened a case saying they never received the item. They requested a refund, but I feel like I am being scammed. Any guidance? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

never ever shop to an address that is different that what is shown on the order.  That kicks open an anthill of possible problems.   Added wrinkle is the international address...that certainly would have been a warning sign for me.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I shipped to the address on the order and have the tracking info proving I delivered it. If this person doesn't arrange for pickup again, will eBay issue a refund?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

They didn’t ship to a different address. 

OP, I would try and recall the package. Stall the buyer until the package is on the way back to you. 

This scam works when the buyer doesn’t go collect the package. They try for the refund and when they get it they run down to the po and get the package. 

Even if ebay says they will protect you against this claim they will not protect you against a PayPal or credit card claim. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

you state in post:  I shipped it out last week and USPS has reported that they attempted delivery but couldn't access the delivery location

question 1: did you google map the address? What does it look like?

question 2: did you send with signature required? 

the package was not delivered. USPS tracking states attempted but couldn't access delivery location in your post.

If USPS couldn't access location, not sure they left an attempted delivery notification.?

I would not refund anything right now. Eventually USPS will ship the package back to you.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Did the USPS try and redeliver? I get that same notice when they attempt to deliver to me on Saturday as the building is locked. It's a way for the carrier to show the attempt was made. 

Usually, the item shows up on the following Monday. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply