cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newer seller confused about VeRo

Hello,

I'm a newer seller to ebay.  I just got my second VeRo violation.  For both items, I bought the product from a liquidation store.  The products are both brand new sealed in original packaging, (tooth brush heads and gummy supplements).  I got the listing removed claiming they are counterfit.  They are not counterfit though. 

I want to do things right, I'm just very confused on how.  I've been searching and listening to all sorts of vidoes on the subject from other sellers experiences.  I reached out to the companies to ask for help understanding what I did wrong.  Haven't heard back yet from either.  

I've spent a lot of hours bulding my store and want to go into this full time... but I'm terrified that I'll get my account suspended for good.  Is there something helpful that some of you more experienced buyers can point me in the direction of to make sure I don't get in trouble anymore.  

If not all of the companies are even listed on that VeRo list provided by eBay, then how will I even know if I'm listing something I shouldn't be?  

I've only got less than 300 listings in my store, and already 2 VeRo violations.  I watched a video of someone who sells ball caps... and listed a ball cap that said "Fight Like A Girl"... got a VeRo for using those words.  How can you possibly know that just using words or just describing what your item says etc. is going to be a violation?  I follow several people on YouTube that are doing the same thing I'm doing as far as sourcing for items... how can they have thousands of items and been doing this for years and not have been suspended by now... even though I see them selling the same things other's are getting in trouble for.  I'm just confused... if anyone can help in anyway... I thank you in advance.  I genuinely want to learn and do this the right way.  

Linda

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Without seeing the actual product, it is hard for anyone to provide the right input.  Even with more info, it is a crapshoot.  

Your item might have been pulled because of trademark infringement against the manufacturer.  It might have been pulled because you listed as new, and the brand owner only considers “new” to be from authorized resellers.  And, yep, maybe it is counterfeit, even if you bought at a liquidator.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorry this was your experience but just because you purchased items from a liquidator does not guarantee authenticity, trust me.  New sellers are under the radar and ebay watches them very closely to make sure that their listings do not violate policies of any kind.  Remember Ebay doesn't have to give you a reason why they remove your listings.  Might be a good idea to read up on policies and what is prohibited if you continue to sell.  In the mean time, please don't relist the items that were removed. It could lead to a suspension.  Good luck. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

...eBay supposed to provide you the information (email link) of those companies that imposed VERO against your listings...you then directly message them and submit all your proof whereabouts of your items...if they approve your submissions, they will notify eBay and you will get an approval message from eBay to relist...

...do the best of your communication as being truthful, humble, well-explanation to let them now you don't intentionally compete with their businesses...it will take a bit of time...so be patient...good luck...

(been there, done that...)

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If it was indeed a VeRO removal, the takedown notice has contact information at the bottom of it telling you the steps to take to appeal. The notice should also state the reason for the removal.

First sale doctrine allows you to resell authentic (and legally allowed) items despite the manufacturers' dislike of their items being sold on ebay or the secondary market. 

So contact them and ask what they need you to submit as proof of authenticity (if indeed, it's authenticity that is in question). 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Do not relist, and remove any others like them, until this matter is resolved.

As already posted, you need to first contact the VeRO member.  If they do not respond by the deadline you will need to contact ebay as instructed in the VeRO message.  

VeRO is often abused and you can fight, but if it is just a couple of items, just move on.  If you have a load of them to sell, then come back with more details and the VeRO member's response. 

To fight this, you have to make absolutely sure they are authentic, and that there are no other infringement issues with your listing.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply