cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New vs "Classic" My eBay All Selling pages feedback

Like apparently many others, I too logged on one day and found the My eBay All Selling page seemed to have disappeared without any forewarning (typical).  I figured out how to get to it so the aggravation wasn't as bad as it has been in the past with these sudden changes that eBay loves to spring on us.  Then I got an "offer" to try a new All Selling page, so I went ahead and gave it a try for a while.  Today, after suffering through the new layout, I reverted back to what eBay is now calling the "classic All Selling" page.  For those new to eBay, "classic" is the code word for when eBay is about to abandon a page layout.

I know this is utterly futile, but I will ask all the same:  Can eBay NOT kill off the "classic" All Selling page and keep it and allow sellers to select which version works best for them?  The old page is much cleaner, condensed and informative for me whereas the new page is more jumbled, is difficult to quickly find the information I seek, and there is simply no reason for me to want to use the new page layout.  I don't have a clue as to who would want the new page layout - maybe those who only use their phones to conduct business - but if it works for some folks, great, let them use the new page, but for those of us who the old page layout is best, allow us to keep using that.

If the past 10 years on eBay has taught me anything its that eBay doesn't give a flying fig what the users want, they simply charge forward with what they think is best for the users and the users be damned... the exact same philsophical bent that Apple started with the Macintosh ("we know what's best for you so do it our way").  But on the off chance that someone with decision-making authority in eBay sees this, maybe they will consider not forcing changes that folks don't want onto them, and allow folks to select which works best for them.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@apple-2-online-store 

To see an old page, you can often use an old link.

Here is one link to the old beta All Selling page that seems to work pretty consistently for me:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling

Here is another newer link that sometimes works (sometimes gets redirected to the new "All Selling" page, though):

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1&CurrentPage=MyeBayAllSelling

You should be able to reach the latter link by using the "Selling" link in your My eBay drop-down at the top of the page, but to be safe you should probably bookmark both links just in case eBay removes them from their menus and pages.

It is possible that eBay will change things so that the old links point to the new pages (similar to what happened to the Watch List page), or perhaps the old links will continue to work (like the old "All Lists" page).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Software companies don't like keeping multiple versions of the same feature around. It is expensive, complex, and inefficient.

It means that anytime a change is made that affects the page, all versions of the page must be updated to accommodate the change - and that takes longer and increases the cost of development and testing (and consequently the risk).

It also means that customer support needs to be trained about how to support multiple versions of the page, increasing the training requires and complexity of dealing with customers. 

Plus, eBay has millions and millions of users - so it is not simply feasible to make changes based on what "folks don't want" because there will be millions of users either for or against any change.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply