cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign in screen??

When did the sign in screen change??  I did not see an announcement from eBay of this change.

What happened to the area that allows a member to sign in using Facebook or a Google account?

The regular sign in page was there last night.  This morning - poof - it's gone.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

New sign in screen??

I rarely run into a website of any kind that announces changes to page designs.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

They're constantly fiddling with it.

Everything else on the site works so well they're bored I guess.
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

Not a fan of this new one as it's a 2 screen process.

The old user name & Password on the screen was faster and less clicks (but then that does seem to be the ebay way - improved = more clicks)
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

@bar-29368 wrote:
They're constantly fiddling with it.

I think a lot of the site redesigns are a kind of make-work, job-security strategy, although the sign-in page is security-related, so staying one step ahead of the hackers is a Good Thing.

It's definitely annoying, though, since my Google stored account credentials don't always deal with the redesigned eBay page properly, such as uploading my buying account password when I'm trying to log in to my selling account, and vice-versa. 

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

Not a fan of this new one as it's a 2 screen process.

The two screen approach is the standard when you support third-party authentication like Facebook, Google, etc. That way they can check your username and see if you need to be redirected elsewhere in order to enter your password (or authenticate if you are already logged in).

(but then that does seem to be the ebay way - improved = more clicks)

Google has done the same thing.

So has Microsoft.

And PayPal.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

I first saw it yesterday. They change things to for the sake of changing. My favorite old saying is - If it aint broke don't fix it. I guess they never heard that one.
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

@donker55 wrote:
I first saw it yesterday. They change things to for the sake of changing. My favorite old saying is - If it aint broke don't fix it. I guess they never heard that one.

Again, this is the new standard for websites that allow third party authentication. That is why sites like Google, Microsoft, and PayPal have all made the same switch.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

And now it's telling me I've signed in from a different computer.

Good grief.
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

My log in screen seems to toggle back and forth between the old and new format.  I never know which format will appear for me to log in with.

That's the least of my annoyances.  The new purchase history page...feedback page formats that are geared towards phone users are far more irritating than this.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

Well it's irritating to be told you just signed in from a different computer when all you did was switch browsers.

You'd think a tech company would be able to tell that.
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

@bar-29368 wrote:
You'd think a tech company would be able to tell that.

I would not describe eBay as a "tech company," however. They are barely able to keep up with coding every brain-fart redesign that comes out of their Marketing department, and even then they're skipping the peer review and QA testing in the course of rushing new code out the door.

As for these variations in login page procedure, I don't recognize anything new in the latest attempt, but have noticed them flip-flopping in recent weeks between this current (as of 11:35 a.m. Central time this morning) login page and another design that has both User ID and Password fields on the same page.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

@bar-29368 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Joke of the day. You should take your show on the road. Hilarious.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

LOL neither would I, but that's what they claim to be.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

New sign in screen??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@b86fiero wrote:

When did the sign in screen change??  I did not see an announcement from eBay of this change.

What happened to the area that allows a member to sign in using Facebook or a Google account?

The regular sign in page was there last night.  This morning - poof - it's gone.

Hi @b86fiero, I was presented with the Facebook and Google login options once I submitted my username and moved on to the next page. I tested this out with multiple accounts and browsers and didn't have an issue. Can you share more detail on what you are seeing on your end?

Message 15 of 28
latest reply