cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listing tool?

Having issues with this new tool since yesterday. Been using the old one for 2 years now and yesterday this new tool showed up when i was trying to list. Does anybody know how to get back the old one back?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: New listing tool?

I was having problems too with the font.  I found that if I highlighted the text I wanted to change, then clicked on the new font I wanted while the text was highlighted, it would change to the new font and stay in that font when listed.  Does that make sense? A little hard to explain!

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

When revising with the new tool the changes do not stick all the time. I'm having to go back and redo my work over and over again. (just updating quanity) sigh

Also there are now 2 additional steps when you do a revision. Not sure how this is better to be honest.... It's taken me a frustrating 20min just to update 14 listings.

I called CS and explained the problem and asked to opt out until they get the bugs out. They said it will take 24hrs. I really hope tomorrow I get the old listing tool back. This is so unproductive.  😞

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

Took me a minute to get used to the new format but... sorry guys I like it. I've been using it for a couple of months. Like everything in the world it has good points and bad, but in my humble opinion the good far outweighs the bad. I'll come back here in a couple of months to see if the mood is cheerier. 🙂

Happy selling guys!!

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

Hi lavell0815,

Cheers

Max

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Is this another secret board you need the link to get to?

eta: what a shock - they actually have it on the menu - unlike the Seller Hub one

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

@2396angel wrote:

You got that white space right. It is huge white space and very annoying and I don't like it. I went to the opt out email and opted out. I should have opted out before I even tried to use it. If eBay likes it, it can't be very useful to the real sellers.

Classic line!

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@sida84

I got mine back tonight. I called, it took about 30 mins from dialing in to hang up. Within 5 mins of hanging up, I was out of the new and back into comfortable shoes.  

While the uploader may be faster, I don't think it is secure.  I did not try to load from Photobucket where my posting pics are stored - so don't know if that still worked or not...

As I told "Ed" the reason I bought into my first store was to be able to use the stationary - the designer listing feature. Bland so-so ads are boring, at least the designer allows for a little life -pzazz - color in the ads to make them interesting to the eye, if only for 10 seconds. (Remember when they removed the color from the opening headings?) This stationary option is not available in the new model. And neither is the visitor counter. On top of this the new page is hard on the eyes!

I wrote to them often over the last 10 years (tell us option) about fixing the editor to allow for a change of stationary and to fix the pics. Well, they did the pics, and fixed other errors, but they ignored this designer and failed to fix the search/find/replace option too so that formatting would work and on more that one or two words in one short paragraph. So instead of adding to the designer function, they took the lazy way out and eliminated it - wow. I realize that this opt out is only a reprieve, for how long no one knows, and that eventually, like everything else, will be forced upon us at some point - but for now, it's time to breathe.

I guess the editor may be a moot point to them now, IDK. I wish they'd concentrate on fixing the broken stuff and leave what's ok alone.

Anyway, I was advised while on the phone that this rollout was a little too early and that it really was not as 'feature packed' as intended and it has some issues the engineers are working out. But because of the many complaints, they extended (unannounced) deadline from 3.15 to 3.30 - so move quick on this guys and gals - time is running out or you'll be stuck with no recourse longer than those of us who opt out now will have to deal with.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

I have been using this new tool for over a week and love it. I am not sure if changes were made from the first release but I can list auctions in more than half the time and loading pictures is a breeze. So many less steps to put an auction on! I hope they keep this available. It is one new change that I am so happy to see.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

I just got off the phone with eBay Customer Service (aka; CS) and it was VERY easy to change.     The link I used to even get to call eBay was under "Selling / Advanced Listing Tool" questions.    I pressed to leave my number with them.   Received a call back within 10min and the rep was VERY nice.  Just incredible.

I simply said, "Hi, my account changed to a new quick listing tool and I'd like to see if I can change back...."      I took about 3 min and DONE.   It's back, thankfully.

Great customer service really.  🙂

.... NOTE:   WHILE TYPING THIS;   I just got another call-back on another issue;  I've been wanting "Business Policies" to be activated (allows Shipping Profiles when listing) and she had to get with Tech Support and BAM!!  She pulled it off!   I'm just blown away.   GREAT SERVICE eBay.  Truly.

Have a great sales day!

Dan B

imtigger!

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

I opted out of this back in 2016 and now I see as of today its been rammed down all our throats with no option to opt out! I'm currently wearing sunglasses to list!!! And its really poorly laid out. You would have thought a year to develop this would have produced a better tool! 

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

I have actually just been able to get through to ebay through the chat method and they have now reverted me back to the older listing tool!! Thank God!!!! Sunglasses now removed!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Message 42 of 42
latest reply