cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Seller on Ebay getting 0 visibility

Hi I am a designer and just started selling my self designed plush toy but I am getting 0 visilbity. I tried putting relevant keywords, helpful descriptions and specs, as well as fill out as much info about my store as possible but I feel like my post is like separated from the world wide web T_T does anyone have any helpful advice?  

This is my store

https://www.ebay.com/str//pandayeahplushyworld

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: New Seller on Ebay getting 0 visibility

Thanks so much, I really put a lot of time into designing it! Ok will do thanks tunicaslot!!

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Thanks jshamp1 that's really good advice, I just fixed the & part but for the capitilization on words does that only apply to the company name?
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

I'm a seller from 2002.  I guess paying for promotion doesn't help any more.  But, if you don't promote your items out of ebay site, you won't get visibility.?  Then, why am I paying for a store.?  This sucks.!

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Thanks luckthewinner, do you know how I could be listed under those searches?
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Thanks emerald40 I just fixed the amount per item!
Message 20 of 33
latest reply

haha thanks ten_o_nine!
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

Thanks kathieskorner, unfortunately I already paid so can't do much. I only know of Etsy are there any other competitive places?
Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Thanks my-cottage-books-and-antiques, my items are self-designed under my own brand so I don't have a upc. I currently don't have any kids and don't know any kids I can use for those photos, but I will see if I can find. Also I think the kid would need a working permit for me to use the photo.
Message 23 of 33
latest reply

Thanks castlemagicmemories, I actually have actual product only images on the listing! Thanks for the compliment, I did put a lot of thought into designing these, I wish each of those adorable words could be turned into sales : )
Message 24 of 33
latest reply

The advice EBay gave was no caps lock or special characters unless it is the official trademarked name.

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

Another useful keyword is 'stuffie'.

Is 'Toffy' the name of the panda? Did you mean 'toffee' which is both a colour and a candy?

Look at your listing on a cell phone. Over half of purchases are by phone. Especially among younger buyers.

@sleepy-moon-snoring

But, if you don't promote your items out of ebay site, you won't get visibility.?  Then, why am I paying for a store.? 

Stores don't give visibility. Remember when Stores were not even in Search?

Stores give lower listing fees and FVF, the ability to go On Vacation cheaply, and personal categories.

But not visibility.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Are you in the USA?

Add Made in the USA and a flag to your lisitings.

Beaver with flag.jpg

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

@healthyapple wrote:
Thanks castlemagicmemories, I actually have actual product only images on the listing! Thanks for the compliment, I did put a lot of thought into designing these, I wish each of those adorable words could be turned into sales : )

My apologies!  I thought they were graphics of the proposed product, or stock pictures.  Sorry!

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

I sell a few vintage items on Etsy.  It seems like a friendly marketplace.  Alot of people go there for handmade items and expect to pay a little more.  The cost is $.10 per item and a percentage when you sell.  So, it's not too bad.  You said you already paid.  I did not look at your store, but, do you have listings or a store.? Good Luck.

Vicki

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

I do look at the google adwords for heading at the moment.  And, I do pay for promotion on ebay.  There's just so much competition any more on ebay and the Chinese retailers are pricing us all out.  I guess I might try Facebook and other venues, just don't know that much about it all.  I used to sell alot of items and stopped for awhile and things were easy to sell.  Things have really changed.  Thanks for the reply, though.

Vicki

Message 30 of 33
latest reply