cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Scam!! FedEx package rerouted to a different state without Seller/Sender consent!

So I have been Selling for a quite a few years and this is a New One.

I recently sold  a ~~ $1000 item.

Sent it throught FedEx Fully insured and Direct Signature Required.

The shipment went to the state /city it was intended to, after it reaches there it is rerouted to a different state and city.

By the time I saw the tracking, it was already delivered.

I called FedEx and I was shocked, how can they do it ?

So When i call them and asked them what happened and why, FedEx tells me that it was at the request of the sender, and I told them I am the sender, so FedEx tell me it was rerouted by Ebay and they said he even has a case number.

I called ebay first thing in the morning and ebay tells me that they see no request made by the buyer and they have no Idea whats going on.

Paypal just opened the case and they are reviewing the case

Someone on the inside is involved in this scam, trying to rip sellers off

I am on the phone with paypal and they have put me on an indefinite hold!!

Any insights!!

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: New Scam!! FedEx package rerouted to a different state without Seller/Sender consent!

Thank you

Message 31 of 54
latest reply

Re: New Scam!! FedEx package rerouted to a different state without Seller/Sender consent!

@maksoutlet

Who signed for the package? You paid for direct signature delivery.

I would be back on the phone with PP proof of shipping is what is needed for seller protection and the signature delivery due to being $750 and above.

Kinda difficult for the buyer to claim unauthorized when they signed for it.

Message 32 of 54
latest reply

Yes someone signed for the package and it was not the same name (not the buyers name).

Paypal has released the hold on the payment, siding with me the seller 🙂

So for everyone who contributed, I wanted all of you to know.

Thank you everyone,  I really appreciate it.

Message 33 of 54
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

@bargainsandbaubles wrote:

BTW, you might want to read this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-ups-scam-investigation-20180417-story.html

That is CRAY!!!!!!!!!! Smiley MadSmiley Indifferent

The crazy part is that it took UPS 3 months to wonder why they were not getting any mail!

Message 35 of 54
latest reply

I just got hit by this scam yesterday:(. According to Fedex, someone called Thomas requested to reroute the package to a forwarding company in NJ and someone signed there. Now I am fighting with paypal...

Message 36 of 54
latest reply

@ship_like_a_pro  You may need to call FedEx again.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 37 of 54
latest reply

"Who signed for the package? You paid for direct signature delivery.

I would be back on the phone with PP proof of shipping is what is needed for seller protection and the signature delivery due to being $750 and above.

Kinda difficult for the buyer to claim unauthorized when they signed for it."

Ummm.... none of that is relevant.

This is an unauthorized use case.  The seller simply needs proof of shipment (not delivery or signature) to win.

Message 38 of 54
latest reply

Update: Paypal sided with buyer and I lost the case citing "The merchandise was not shipped to the address provided on the Transaction Details page" even if it is "unauthorized tranaction" dispute. They even charged me additional $20 chargeback fee! This is horrible. Any way to appeal paypal decision? Otherwise I am losing $700:(

Message 39 of 54
latest reply

@lite_corp wrote:

Update: Paypal sided with buyer and I lost the case citing "The merchandise was not shipped to the address provided on the Transaction Details page" even if it is "unauthorized tranaction" dispute. They even charged me additional $20 chargeback fee! This is horrible. Any way to appeal paypal decision? Otherwise I am losing $700:(

PayPal protection covers unauthorized if the label --

was shipped to the address provided on the Transaction Details page.

Irrelevant that the label was re-directed nor where it was eventually delivered.

So @lite_corp, is that PayPal address on the label when it was printed?

Message 40 of 54
latest reply

Yes, it matches the exact paypal address (I still have a photocopy of the label when I shipped the item). Fedex tracking # is 781834384302. I bought full insurance and direct signature confirmation. And I also notice Fedex billed me double amount of the original payment for this shipemnt:( I called Fedex and they opened a case but the fraudulent departement can only repond next week. I am not sure what to do then to appeal paypal's decision..

Message 41 of 54
latest reply

Just get off phone with paypal supurvisor Kathy, her answer is firm. As long as shipping address is different from paypal address, I will lose the case, no matter it is seller requested or buyer requested. And she said this is how paypal interprets "seller protection eligible - reroute" officially. She said they don't care how other sellers or ebay interpret on this forum, what she said is the rule. Basically paypal allows the scammers to get your money as long as they re-route your packages! I have been with paypal for over 10 years and they won't help! She said all this incident is my fault!

Message 42 of 54
latest reply

I would call back again. YOUR original shipping address WAS the one given you by PayPal. You should not be held liable for a redirection by the buyer.

If no satisfaction there I would contact Ina at ecommercebytes. PayPal, like ebay, hates bad publicity.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 43 of 54
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@ship_like_a_pro  You may need to call FedEx again.

Yes. It seems someone is still able to use an ebay name to redirect parcels.

I can't believe this hasn't been addressed.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 44 of 54
latest reply

Well, if FedEx is actually saying that the reroute came from eBay, and the pointy haired folk here insist that that is a lie; shouldn't someone from eBay legal be scheduling a face to face with someone from FedEx legal to find out why FedEx is making slanderous or libelous (depending on if it was spoken or written) "accusations" against them?

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 45 of 54
latest reply