cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tool has no cancel button? Changes saved immediately. What gives?

Forced into new tool today.  Not loving it but that is a theme for several other threads.

My specific question relates to the (lack of) a Cancel button on the listing form?  Where did it go?  The only option for drafts is List it, Save for Later or Preview.  What happened to the cancel button?

After testing this I found that the changes at least to drafts are saved instantly as you type.  Even if you hard close the browser or hit the back button the changes are still there.  There is no undo and no cancel.  Don't get it?

Did a little testing also on Scheduled and there it seems that if you hard close the browser the changes are thrown out, but not 100% sure on this.  Not the best way to "Undo" IMHO.

Too scared to try it on a live listing.  Anybody tried this or know more about it then please chime in?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

just back out, go to drafts, delete

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

just back out, go to drafts, delete

Thanks, but I am talking about existing drafts that already had a lot of data in them.   I open existing draft and make other changes that I lose my place and want to back out.  Can't.  Changes are all saved in real time.

I have another account with old tool.  There is a cancel button there on all listing types.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@babclassics i see what you mean... nothing you can do until ebay fixes it...which won't be any time soon since they just released this new tool #3 yesterday...all you can do is hit that "feedback" button and complain...and then call CS and complain again and do this little bit: (P.S. devon won't reply till at least Monday likely since Fri in the PM)

devon@ebay can you find out from the appropriate team to get a "cancel" button on new listing tool so the changes don't save to sellers draft? Thanks 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I thought today that hitting the back button on the browser aborted the whole episode and didn't save anything. Am I mistaken?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Oh I think I'm mistaken. My test work was saved as a draft, which I can simply delete at will. No change of course to the listing I was creating from.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yep... Get rid of the cancel button... One step.... And create a 3 step process to cancel. Such a waste of time... Believe it or not, I find myself needing to cancel a draft or a revision more times than I would have imagined. Just another way to make sellers waste time because a designer/programmer had no idea what they are doing because they do not use the tools..... 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@babclassics i see what you mean... nothing you can do until ebay fixes it...which won't be any time soon since they just released this new tool #3 yesterday...all you can do is hit that "feedback" button and complain...and then call CS and complain again and do this little bit: (P.S. devon won't reply till at least Monday likely since Fri in the PM)

devon@ebay can you find out from the appropriate team to get a "cancel" button on new listing tool so the changes don't save to sellers draft? Thanks 

Hey @nuclearomen! I will sure to get this over to the Listing Team and thank you for sharing this information! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

LOL- when you reply here on the boards there is a "reply" button & a "cancel" button.........it is just so basic in web design- how in the world did they spend 3 years making this tool and ended up with no cancel button?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay is considering a new fee that will allow sellers to revert back  to the old listings tool:  $1.99 per listing, Worth It!!

Jk Jk ...

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Hey @nuclearomen! I will sure to get this over to the Listing Team and thank you for sharing this information! 

devon@ebay   Can we please have a status update on the missing cancel button?  It has been almost 5 months and there still is no consistent way to back out of listing changes.  The worst part of it is that all changes made to an existing draft happen in real time and you can not undo them.

Is this a permanent change now?  As others have stated, even the most basic of web designs allows you to easily intuitively back out of changes in progress if you want to.  With the tool as it is now, it is not at all clear what will happen if you hit the back button since the rules are different depending on listing type and state.   The only way to solve the draft issue is to create a COPY of an existing draft every time before you start working on it so you can go back to the copy since you can't undo.  You also need to remember for new drafts that you have to go delete them even if you NEVER hit save.  What a waist of resources.

Please get a status update for us.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply