cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tool Ebay 2022

Hello ebay has changed the way i list with a new Listing tool.

This is the worsest tool i have ever seen .

It has lags , it does not save allways it is very slow , and when i try to go to enable html or Font setting i get a message to inform me that it is better to write my description with the settings it allready has.

This is a disaster as a listing tool.

I try to change the Condition and i get lag and wait for 2 minutes to refresh so i change the Condition.

Who the hell designed this CRAP?

Is there a way to return as it was ?

It makes my time 5 X slower .

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: New Listing Tool Ebay 2022

The new listing experience is just awful. It takes me at least three times longer. Unhelpful and tedious pull down menus which does not have the choice I need 90% of the time. Also what happened to helpful hints that used to pop up based on the title. That was a good feature. Also it takes me 5 steps to relist my auction item as buy it now where it used to take just 2 easy steps.

The photos seem to load faster. That is the only improvement. Everything else is worse or much worse. Whoever did the design is completely clueless.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Maybe it is because I list on desktop instead of on the phone. It is weird so many are complaining about lag. I was getting major lag and indefinite buffering if I let the classic listing tool sit too long without saving as a draft. That could be two minutes into the listing. Never mind if I wanted to retake a picture, or double check the shipping weight. Compared to that the new tool is really fast. The drop down menus are easy for me, especially when they allow you to type in the box. I never have to worry about accidentally using the subtitle instead of the custom sku ever again. It seems I'm the odd one out, but I actually like the new listing tool.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Ive actually just started to use the secret link that reverts us back to the classic. i prefer to use sell similar but the classic tool is just so much better and faster and more concise, its worth starting from scratch every listing instead of starting with most info filled in- that is how bad the new tool is........ i can start from the beginning with the classic and it is still faster than using the unified listing tool from a sell similar.  lol- its almost a joke 

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

This new tool is so frustrating! I do one listing and have to walk away from it. I use to put aside time and list 20 plus items at a time but I think I may have listed 2 things in the last few months cause it has become a pain. I downgraded my store and that cost me 160.00 but I just dont see me having the same amount of listings I use to. Please give us back the previous listing tool.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Works fine for me.  Build a listing, then build a template.  Change the Item Specifics as necessary, ignore the Olde Skool Item Description area. Spin the mouse down to the bottom and SEND IT to the cloud.   

With 50(!) templates at your disposal, it’s easier to list in groups by brand or style or other similar characteristics.  Cut & paste, update your templates, Eazy peazy.  

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

One example: too many clicks required in the shipping area - "delete service" then "select service" and another drop-down menu to dig through. Handling fee routinely disappears, I have to re-enter it. As most others have said, this "simplified listing tool" takes too much time.

And I don't need to see a warning about using 14 point buyer-friendly fonts EVERY TIME I NEED TO USE THE ADVANCED OPTIONS. Other sites have a "don't show this again" option. 

For those of you experiencing the disappearing text, click one of the buttons above the listing box like Bold or Show More Options. Sometimes it comes back. 

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

>Ive actually just started to use the secret link that reverts us back to the classic

Where does one learn this secret?

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Unfortunately for you, within the last few weeks- ebay converted everyone to the new listing tool and they have made the secret link not work. The classic listing tool is gone for good!

At least the tool has been getting better as they listen to the customers complaints and change it back to more "classic like"

There is still more work to be done.  they still need to consolidate and get rid of more wasteful "clicks"

show us more and make us click less!- we want simple choices on the main screen, not popups to show us more choices!

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

"The horror"

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

We sell used Motorcycle parts, it used to took me about 1 minute a listing, now it takes between 2 to 3 minutes and it has too many glitches, my time gets waisted , tried it on my Mac and my multi dollar gaming computer, same results, listing is a terrible, the morons that came up with this new tool most likely has never sold anything on ebay, who are they, what are they, ebay needs to go back to the old version and get there money back from the dumbass programmer  that came up with this, you would think they would have had it all worked out before they laid it on us, unreal "the horror" !

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

I hate  the new listing tool.  I have shelves full of stuff to sell but can't complete a listing.  I've Been trying to set the shipping policy for my items but not having much luck.   Too much frustration dealing with the new and improved way of listing.  Guess I'm going to have to donate this stuff or have a garage sale.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply