cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Find Similar Items on listings

Now I think ebay has gone too far.

Today I see that on a listing (any listing I checked, not just mine), next to the "hover to zoom" on the picture frame is "Find similar items".  Is it not enough that they advertise other items before you scroll down to the listing you clicked on to look at??

I know they can do what they want, but I do not agree with this latest tactic.

No, I'm not leaving, but it does get very frustrating!

Opinions?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@sunny_ell 

A also noticed this today.  I agree with you, I think eBay has gone too far.  I started a thread earlier today that may be of interest to you here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Find-Similar-items-Now-On-Listing-Photos/m-p/33855202#M2240315 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

When I type something into the search bar I usually find at least 60 other "similar" items shown to me without touching a thing. They even include pictures and prices.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, I just read your thread. Didn't see it earlier. I agree with you, too!!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Another way to drive up clicks toward the PL Advanced users. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Is there a way we can put a message in our titles or description that will make the buyer NOT look at the competitor?

Such as, "Dear Buyer, Ebay has included competitors images in MY store, please do not go there.  Thanks."

Anyone?

There's not much we as sellers can do -- EXCEPT -- Flood the Better Business Bureau with "reviews" and written complaints.

Each time I go to the BBB and complain about EB, UPS, AMZ, I always get a reply.  Just flood the BBB with complaints, people.  The message boards won't help.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

We have to remember that eBay wants sales above all else.  If that happens, they will do about anything.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

its only going to get worse ....... ad revenue is what ebay seems to bet counting on .... ENJOY the salad ads lol at least thats what i call them 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, it's not enough ebay allows counterfeit items to be listed making it nearly impossible to sell items with all the fakes and scammers, the product I sell - I have reported 1000s of "inspired" and "like" listings which are illegal - it's infringment - ebay shouldn't even allow them to be able to be listed, 

I have written, called to complain about the similar listings too - THIS IS ON MY EBAY STORE, that I pay for and then pay 15 percent, and transaction fees, now I have to host other sellers same items on my listing, are they out of they're freaking minds to think this is ok? And of course, there is zero customer service, it's like they are a monopoly that goes unregulated with zero oversight, a dictator that no one can touch.

NOW the scammers, my listings are pushed 5 pages down when the scammers list 100s of items, all with "illegal" stock photos of course because they don't have them. Now buyers are afraid to buy because they will get scammed, ebay is brilliant - they don't do a thing to make the site - free of scammers, free of fake items and they just keep taking more and more while I sell less and less.

Also I often see where they say my items that I have ended are listed as sold.  Another way ebay provides a fake marketplace - making both buyers and sellers think these items are selling for a certain price when they aren't.  Anyone ever sue ebay successfully?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply