cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ebay Policy for April 2019 re: Fixed Priced Listing

I received advance notice from Ebay that fixed price listings will be converted to good till cancelled in April 2019.  I have a basic store with 100 listings for free. What happens if I accept an offer from Ebay via email for a 100 insertions, fixed and auction, for free? Does that mean I will now have 200 listings that are good till cancelled? Is there a fee to cancel a listing before the end of 30 days?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@525arle wrote:

I received advance notice from Ebay that fixed price listings will be converted to good till cancelled in April 2019.  I have a basic store with 100 listings for free. What happens if I accept an offer from Ebay via email for a 100 insertions, fixed and auction, for free? Does that mean I will now have 200 listings that are good till cancelled? Is there a fee to cancel a listing before the end of 30 days?

Yeah, this past week, I've received two different promotions up to 300 extra listings on top of my free 50. I've used some and now have over 50, so some will have to go, hopefully sell before start date, but I doubt it.

Anyway, this awesome poster provided this chart that should help you decide when to list your items with the least maintenance needed.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2019-Early-Seller-Update/Will-regularly-ending-GTC-listings-on-day-28-...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

It means you have 100 listings you can do per month for free with your store subscription. And you get an extra 100 free listings with the email offer. It means you will have to be EXTRA careful 30 days later when GTC flips and relists your unsold listings the next month. Example

March 1st ya list 100 items in your store and 100 more with your email bonus for 200 total listings. 30 days later if you have sold nothing or ended nothing ebay will automatically relist 200 items..........100 of which will be free due to your store subscription(only if its april 30 days later) and the other 100 you will be paying a jacked up relist fee. The relist fee is considerably higher in a start store than the premium etc. For the rare instances where 30 days passes all within the same month you will be paying for all your auto relists.

Its a very nice way for ebay to trick newer folks into paying for extra insertion fees without knowing it.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for your detailed response which was better than an EBay rep who appeared clueless. I agree that the new policy appears deceitful so I will keep my listings to 100 for the most part and sell the rest on the other platforms. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

When do you ever believe an Ebay REP - never I hope. I think the REPS for the most part are paid to be clueless. Every once in awhile on a Sunday I will get a REP from the USA who seems very knowledgeable.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Lol and totally true yet 😢 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Or if you get an offer list them to start all on the same day at a late time like10 pm to 11 pm.  Then mark your calenders 28-29 days and REMEMBER TO SHUT THEM OFF  on these 2 days.  I  wrote 28-29 days because you might be working one of the nights or you go out.  Anyway,  that is exactly what I am going to do.  NO way will I let Ebay get a listing fee from me.  

Ebay doesn't want sellers to upset buyers but its ok for them to upset sellers.  Don't they realize that this policy has to result in higher listing prices and I am sure that is going to annoy buyers.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Thanks! Another good solution that I will consider. The nonUS EBay reps are a joke. I can’t even remember the last time I spoke with a US Ebay rep.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@525arle wrote:

Yeah, this past week, I've received two different promotions up to 300 extra listings on top of my free 50. I've used some and now have over 50, so some will have to go, hopefully sell before start date, but I doubt it.

Anyway, this awesome poster provided this chart that should help you decide when to list your items with the least maintenance needed.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2019-Early-Seller-Update/Will-regularly-ending-GTC-listings-on-day-28-...

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

You and many other sellers are going to move overflow inventory elsewhere so you won't be alone. I expect eBay will be changing this GTC listing stuff when new inventory listings for fixed price drop like a rock and instead of having 80% of the same ol' sale ol' (given brian@ebay said 80% of listings on eBay are already GTC) they'll now have 99% stale inventory with 1% being fresh and new items listed.

Of course, I am being bit sarcastic. I understand some of the SEO aspects, but darn if the sales just don't support what they have been doing.

I just got a few new pieces in this week. All went up on another platform. Unique stuff that in the past would have gone up on eBay first. Not sure what I am gonna do next month. May put some new fixed price stuff up, but I have also been wanting to open a couple more stores on other sites and just not made an effort. Might see what else works with my stuff until I figure out the rest.

I kind of have the feeling that some other platform somewhere is gonna get more popular. I just have to figure out which one.....lol

Cheers
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I was wondering the same thing and if we do get charged for the extras when 30 days is up Im not going to use them anymore and stick to the free listings only. Cause with the 200 extra listings they usually offer I would owe 60 extra dollars in listing fees. No thanks!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Yes, that is one way to avoid fees. If you decide to accept an eBay invitation for 100 free fixed or auctions etc, you would have to remember the dates you added merchandise from that promotion and end before 10 th day of an auction or 28 days before a fixed listing. No more auctions for me. I may accept a free listing from eBay and add all merchandise on one day so I can remember to end them all within 20 days to be safe.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Between the advance notice and Ebay Supervisor, the changes are scheduled to be in effect between March 15 and March 19th. I plan to reduce my 200 items to 80 before March 15th because you never know with ebay. Has anyone received  official notice from Ebay stating the new seller policy goes into effect March 19th?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Totally agree...…….going to start using other sites to sell as well....this has got to be one of eBay's worst ideas yet!!! They should have entitled it " How to drive away sellers and business"
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I am on board with you.  I have been with ebay forever but now  I must find a new listing service.  They are being snakes with this one.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

its almost like they really are trying to run away the small sellers. i mean this is stupid.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply