cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New And Old Listing Format

I am new to eBay selling. I want to know what is the easy way to create listings. I mean new listing format or old listing format? Please tell me your experience with the new listing tool and the old one.  Thank You..!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rdaychathurij0 

I've been using the new listing tool for a year or so, so it's not much different then using the old business/advanced listing tool now.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You're unlikely to have the option of choosing one or the other.

If you really want to know what people think about the different forms, there are already many posts on the board that you can read.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@rdaychathurij0 

I've been using the new listing tool for a year or so, so it's not much different then using the old business/advanced listing tool now.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It takes some getting used to and most who post here are not happy with it.  Makes the sellers job much harder.   Not laptop friendly either.  Hope Ebay will address this issue. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thank you so much for your help. 🙂

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thank you so much for your help. 🙂 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

he new tool stinks !

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

68% of sellers prefer the new listing tool.  We had four focus groups and several months of real user feedback.  Listing time is cut by 9% after three weeks of active use.  

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I hate it.  I called Ebay and I asked if I could be reverted to the old listing format, but they said they "deleted it".  I currently can't list anything because there is a "glitch", -not sure how many people are affected,...-but I can only list items for local pickup or "freight" shipping right now.  Ebay confirmed the glitch and told me to wait "24 to 48 hours".  Ugh.  I could list on my phone, but that is a nightmare for me.  Ebay definitely is terrible when it comes to taking advice from their sellers.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I haven't listed anything new since the end of September, so when this new screen popped up this morning I was a bit shocked as I have a lot to list today. It looks like it is designed for mobile users. This is NOT business friendly at all, what an absolute TERRIBLE format. This company makes doing business here harder and harder all the time with some of the changes they make, and I can say that, I've been here 22 years and seen it all. The people making the changes clearly aren't using the site to sell. In all seriousness, if I wanted to move to Cali I would immediately try to go to work for Ebay and work my way up to a point where I could stop this ridiculousness and bring this site back to it's old glory. It's pretty bad when Mercari is stealing part of your market share. Ebay has been losing buyers and sales, it's been in the news. If they want to focus on higher end goods like watches and sneakers, that's fine, but don't change other areas/categories of the site. If I had hair I'd be pulling it out. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

68% of sellers prefer the new listing tool.  

I’m very curious about the statistic that 68% of sellers prefer the new tool.

What group of sellers was polled? Large sellers? Medium? Small? Hobby? 

On what device did these 68% usually, or now, list? (this seems to me to be a very important question.)

What categories did these sellers sell in?

When was the pole?

How many sellers participated in the pole?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Confidential, so I shall not disclose.  But, I can tell you that 6% of active U.S. sellers participated in the feedback poll.  Approximately 15% were invited.  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia 

Thank you for replying with what you know and can disclose.

Unfortunately, your reply does not give me confidence in that 68% number.

6% of active sellers seems like a rather small sample.

A poll of 6% of active US sellers would be way too easy to skew (either accidentally or deliberately) towards app users, with a 68% favorable result.  Which is a result that eBay Inc would be happy to see. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

So without digging into Ebay's financials or investor info, just using Google several websites show Ebay currently has approximately 138 million active users. Let's just use that number for now. So 15% were invited = 20,700,000 and 6% who responded would be 8,280,000. 68% of those 8.2m is 5.6 million. The truth is Ebay will shove this down our throat like they do everything else and we will be forced to deal with it. Some of us will fight it, but ultimately we'll probably have to get used to it unless enough people complain. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

How many different Ebay stores do you have? You must have more than just this store if you get to participate inside Ebay's inner workings. Your current store has 862 listings that are basically all the same thing. So listing in your store is WAY easier than some of us who list a variety of items. I just listed several listings of basically one type of item, so I only had to change a few variables in each listing, and the description of course ( which no buyers read now anyway and it hasn't shown up correctly when viewing on a cell phone since day one ).  So was it easier with the new format? No. I don't think so, it would have been easier to read with the old format. The new format is not friendly on the eyes. It just took all the options that were spread across the old screen and squished them in narrow row as if it's catering only to cell phone users / apps. Windows 8 did that, anyone remember how that worked out? 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply