cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutral feedback - Should I reply?

Hello,

Two weeks ago, on may second account (neocortex2016) I have received neutral FB.

(please find this account through advanced search/seller...)

Generally I would not answer to neutral but check his feedback please:

"Even though the DVD was packed in original package like new, it was worn." 

What will my potential buyers think?

Item is 100% original, brand new and sealed (even he admits that), but anyway he send this FB.

He practically accuses me of packing and selling used DVDs as new ones!?  I think there is no worse way to damage someone who are selling DVDs than this. 

I have already contacted him and in few friendly message explained situation (it happens, I dont produce this items...) and also offered refund or to resend, but of course, nothing, no answer. Also, he needed more than 1 month to notice that something is wrong (item is sent on 16.12.19.)!?

My account just come to life (only 34 FBs), what should do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Just let it go.  Replying to it will just draw attention to it.  It makes the buyer look foolish, anyway.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That's one of the few cases where I would actually reply because it's a trust issue that other potential buyers may consider.  "Original packaging" can mean anything including just the original jewel case.  Just something simple like "CD was new and sealed" and leave it at that.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had one like that a couple years ago.
I responded calm and professionally.
I would do what chapeau-noir said
CD was new and sealed. No contact from buyer.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As a buyer if I saw “no contact from buyer” I would think it was a snotty response and move on. How does that help future buyers be comfortable? Are you trying to tell future buyers if they have a problem and contact you the wrong way you will refuse to help? It sounds more like a threat than helping future buyers feel comfortable.

I do agree with the response that the dvd was new and sealed.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi. If the buyer responds to your messages, there is hope they might revise their feedback. This would be predicated on their level of satisfaction with efforts to resolve the situation. Below is a link on how to send a feedback revision request if needed. (Keep in mind that it is not a good idea to send the request until the buyer is amenable to changing their score.)

In the meantime, consider that the neutral feedback does not affect your seller metrics or significantly lower your prestige in the community. Most buyers know that a less than perfect feedback left can be inevitable. Add to that the somewhat odd wording the buyer chose, making it obvious that you as a seller did nothing wrong. They admit the CD was sealed. If so, then it is a factory issue beyond your control. 

Before signing off, wanted to offer a suggestion. Since neutral feedback doesn’t have much power and cannot hurt your standing, i would not panic over it. You mentioned that you contacted your buyer multiple times without success. I don’t know how many times or how close together the messages were sent, but once or twice might have sufficed. Some buyers are not on the platform often. There is also a time differential to consider given that you are an international seller. So i would delay responding to the feedback this buyer left until you have a meaningful discussion with its author, or its obvious they are not interested in pursuing the subject.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply