cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback

How long does a negative feedback stay on your  account? I have one and its been over a year.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Negative feedback

It stays for one year. It should soon roll off based on the date you actually got it.

The negative you got is very bizarre. I am surprised eBay let it stand. Did you appeal it? Whatever email you have of her's or vice versa, does not matter. All that matters is when she pays, eBay sends you an email and notifies you your item sold, and you ship. 

Yes, I too would also assume she was a scammer if she kept insisting I had her old email and she sent me the money through my email. This seems to be an eBay issue. Not yours. Buyer should have asked eBay why her payment was not going through. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

The red donut and comment will never go away but after a year your rating should go back to 100%

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

Only 365 days,  no more no less.  Even if you think it should have dropped by now. It won’t stay on for any longer

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

Next time call eBay on the phone and they will remove that feedback for you.  That comment makes no sense lol  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

@tesa6240 

I searched for the listing  you received negative feedback for on Terapeak, which includes all paid-for listings within the last 365 days. It looks as though there must have been a misunderstanding about the payment, because it appears that the listing was paid for, in eBay's records. That is probably why the buyer was allowed to leave feedback for the transaction. If the buyer had not paid through eBay checkout, the feedback should have been prevented or removed when the transaction was canceled for non payment.

According to Terapeak, the basket was sold (and paid for) twice within the past year, on Sept 9, 2021, and again on Sept 10, 2021. Then it was relisted again on Sept 10, 2021, and that listing is still active on your account now.

If the listing you received the negative feedback for was one of those two that sold in early September last year, then the feedback will still be included in your feedback rating for another month or so, if it is included based on the date of sale.

However, I'm not sure it's included based on the date of sale, or the date the feedback was left. Based on your reply, the buyer may not have left the feedback right away. Buyers can leave feedback up to 60 days after the date of sale, so if that happened, the feedback may still be included until 365 days after the feedback was left.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

She never paid and numerious times I made that clear.  Said I had an old email address, thats why I didnt get payment. I only used the one she sent the offer on.  

Your information was fantastic because I did not know when  the feedback was made. 

so I will wait till Sept.

Its crazy as its been 99.3 and then jumps to 99.4 and back again.

I was being targeted at the time every day by scammers, glad that stopped. 

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes for you and your business!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

I did multible times. She never paid lol, I dont care what email she used, it was for the same purchase!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

I did contact multible times!

Thanks so much for the info!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

@tesa6240 wrote:

She never paid and numerious times I made that clear.  Said I had an old email address, thats why I didnt get payment. I only used the one she sent the offer on.  

@tesa6240, I'm confused about something. What did you use her email for?

Were you already in managed payments at the time (payouts being sent to your bank account), or was the payment being processed by PayPal?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

And, now it's gone, as of Nov 7.  It must have just rolled off within the last few days, as the next feedback received (positive) is still within the past year, and the response OP made was left within the past year as well.

So, the feedback is included based on the date that it was left, not on the date of the transaction.

image.png

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Negative feedback

Negative or neutral feedback never go away, they just drop out of searchable range (1 year) and your percentage only looks at that range.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply