cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback

I listed an aircraft tug as local pickup only.  The buyer is in Washington state and  I am in Alabama.  He said local pickup means he can have shipping service pickup and I am responsible to facilitate by putting item on pallet and working with shipper.  When I would not do that he threatened me with a scathing review.   When I refunded his money he indeed left me with a scathing review.   I asked eBay to remove review.  They responded saying they studied this closely but could not remove review. 
They don’t allow me to leave feedback on him.  
It makes me want to forget dealing with eBay.  Is there anything I can do?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Negative feedback

I want to thank everyone.   I contacted eBay through private message on Facebook.  I told them this person basically is extorting me and eBay is taking part in this extortion by allowing negative feedback under this circumstance.  They agreed I did nothing wrong and negative feedback will be removed. 
Thanks again

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@rsbmwpower 

< I asked eBay to remove review. They responded saying they ... could not remove review. >     

If the neg was on the account you started this thread with, then somebody has removed it.  I hope it was this account, and you took fab_finds advice to keep trying and you finally did find somebody who wasn't a dummy. 

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

The neg was left on the account the op posted with, I saw it yesterday, and it's been removed.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

The chat service and eBay for Business on Facebook don't work on removing negative feedback. eBay does not have any telephone service either, so you can not talk to a live person.

Robert E.Swank
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@warrior695a wrote:

The chat service and eBay for Business on Facebook don't work on removing negative feedback. eBay does not have any telephone service either, so you can not talk to a live person.

Wrong, read the reply at message #16, that is exctly how the OP had this FB removed.

Wrong again - they have a Let us Call You facility and you indeed speak to a live person

Please don't give misinformation on these help boards

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

I don't understand you @#16?, OP?, FB?

Robert E.Swank
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I asked a question and nobody answered anything

Robert E.Swank
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@north40sales 

feedback that could potentially alert other sellers

Very small potential.

If the seller uses Fixed Price, like 85% of transactions, or a Buy It Now on an auction, or has a last second sniper on an auction, she has no chance to vet the buyer's feedback.

Leaving only early Auction bidders and Best Offers for the seller to check.

The members who DO read feedback are future buyers -- and what will they think of retaliatory negs from a seller?
No matter who is right, the seller loses that future customer.

I'd rather see Feedback, which is soooooo 20th century, dropped entirely. The Resolution Centre exists for real problems. And Disputes have real results.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

#16 is the post number. Yours is post #23 and #22 . This is probably #24.

OP is Original Poster.

FB is feedback.

For reference- NAD or SNAD is (Significantly) Not As Described, INR is Item Not Received, NARU is Not A Registered User, PP is Paypal.

Some of these are leftovers from jargon that is no longer used by eBay.

Like "cc" on a letter or email. It means "carbon copy" - a copy made by the typewriter for filing when a letter is sent.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@north40sales 

feedback that could potentially alert other sellers

Very small potential.

If the seller uses Fixed Price, like 85% of transactions, or a Buy It Now on an auction, or has a last second sniper on an auction, she has no chance to vet the buyer's feedback.

Leaving only early Auction bidders and Best Offers for the seller to check.

The members who DO read feedback are future buyers -- and what will they think of retaliatory negs from a seller?
No matter who is right, the seller loses that future customer.

I'd rather see Feedback, which is soooooo 20th century, dropped entirely. The Resolution Centre exists for real problems. And Disputes have real results.

If eBay had a feedback system that allowed buyers and sellers to post either positive or negative FB like other platforms, it certainly would be useful.   Right now the eBay FB process is completely worthless in my opinion. 

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@north40sales wrote:

If eBay had a feedback system that allowed buyers and sellers to post either positive or negative FB like other platforms, it certainly would be useful.   Right now the eBay FB process is completely worthless in my opinion. 

I'd be interested in which platforms allow buyers and sellers to post positive and negative feedback. I'd like to take a look at their approach.

---GENERAL COMMENT---

I look at a seller's feedback every single time I consider making a purchase. I check their feedback received as a seller and their feedback left for others. I find it to have great worth for me as a buyer--to the point where I would no longer shop on eBay if they eliminated it.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply