cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback for item not received

I have a buyer who left me negative feedback claiming the item wasn’t received. They made no attempts to allow me to make it right before leaving negative feedback. I’ve contacted eBay for business and told them as well, hopefully they answer. Tracking shows it was delivered to the address and all that.  I messaged them attempting to work it out and make it right and they haven’t gotten back to me yet, it’s not even been a day so im sure too early for me to get the negative removed. Just looking for some guidance for some more seasoned sellers as to how to go about this. I’ve done everything in my power so far as a seller. I left them a professional message after I saw the feedback, I’ll attach it to this. ANYTHING is helpful to say. Thank you 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Negative feedback for item not received

The negative feedback states - “This package was not delivered even though your message said that it was” 

I never sent them a message saying anything about the package being delivered, so this is a lie assuming that’s what they mean 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The message about the item being delivered was probably generated by eBay. 

When I have purchases and the post office drops the package at my door and scans as 'delivered' it isn't too long before I have a message from eBay telling me that it's been delivered.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Oh okay that makes sense. So good, that means hopefully they aren’t intending to lie.. but still I’m not the one who sent it 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I've had that happen too. Call eBay & give them the tracking number to show it was delivered. They will remove any negative feedback left when your tracking numbers proves it was delivered. Either USPS messed up or your buyer is trying to scam you. Check their feedback for "feedback left" to see if they've done that before. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

100% positive feedback for 34 ratings. I can only see 8 positive, all as a buyer, in the past 12 months. Does anyone have a legitimate phone number? I can NEVER find one no matter how hard I try. The only number I actually got a person to talk to me were scammers pretending to be eBay. I message eBay to business on Facebook but they barely answer. If anyone has a legitimate phone number that they know will reach eBay I would GREATLY appreciate it .

also, I’ve had scammers with 100% positive attempt to scan me not long ago. And all of their positive feedback was very recent so at this point It could be literally anyone trying to pull one over on me. A true shame really.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

There's a link at the bottom of the page: Help & Contact; Contact Us.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

What do you mean that you aren't the one that sent it? Aren't you the seller? Who else could have sent the package?  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

What do you mean that you aren't the one that sent it?

@soh.maryl 

It was my understanding that "it" referred to the MESSAGE the buyer received. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Never ever had an issue with contacting eBay. Link on the bottom of help page. They'll call you back

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Never mind...just realized the thread is old.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Tis' also the season where some people shop at others doorsteps.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply