cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative after refund

1 more piece of straw towards making me tired of selling on here!!  Chump leaves me negative feedback after I give a refund!!!!  I explained item's condition in messages.   Good luck finding it in better shape for that price without paying 2x as much!  He had it in his possession for about 5 mins before complaining & wanting a refund.  If I come across one more buyer like him, I'm done here!   Good luck to us all.   🙂

Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Re: Negative after refund

@sakic92710 wrote:

He asked me because I had it listed as VG in the condition but, not in the description.  Since the options are Brand new, like new, VG, G & poor, I picked VG.  The album was not like new.  We HAVE TO post everything TWICE so people understand?

If that is what it takes.

I happen to post certain information in my listings 3 times.  I happen to think that Aristotle was a pretty keen guy, so I follow his advise.  Any time you have a presentation to make (and a listing is in fact a presentation) you follow this rule... Tell them what you're going to tell them, tell them, tell them what you told them.  

This may seem like the presenter is trying to spoon feed a child, but the advice is as good today as it was 2,500 years ago.

BTW, my success rate of getting unwarranted negatives is very high.  I happen to be flying a negative I can't get removed because the buyer claims something was missing from the envelope and I can't prove it wasn't.

Message 46 of 117
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

He asked me because I had it listed as VG in the condition but, not in the description.  Since the options are Brand new, like new, VG, G & poor, I picked VG.  The album was not like new.  We HAVE TO post everything TWICE so people understand?

Under promise and over deliver... Works every time.

Message 47 of 117
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

If something I sell has any flaws, I make sure to note the flaws in the title, the item specifics, and the description.  I also take close-up photos of the flaws so that any potential buyer can see exactly what I'm talking about.

I've sold many items with varying degrees of flaws and I haven't had so much as a single complaint yet.

Message 48 of 117
latest reply

@nmemoryof wrote:

I think the fact that the buyer was instantly unhappy reveals that whatever you thought you communicated, the buyer did not understand the full extent of it.  You took the return and refunded his money  Good for you.  You are venting a complaint about the feedback.  I can see your point and the buyer's point, too.  This is where attitude matters.  Even though you believe you communicated the condition beforehand, the buyer didn't.  Sometimes you have to hide your feelings, especially when you know you have to refund him anyway.  Apologize because he is unhappy, not because you think you were wrong. nmemoryof 

I agree with you . Furthermore I've always considered anything over 99 % to be a high rating . I would even bet it's good enough for all but the most pickiest of potential buyers . IMO  the real debatable  point is whether or not the OP response  was indeed nasty . I've seen much worse . This issue certainly wouldn't warrant the need for anyone  to view the glass half empty  in regards to the quality of the OP's customers service  by a long shot .  IMO Tulips 

Message 49 of 117
latest reply

I think calling a 99.2% rating on eBay "HIGH" is debatable.  IMO when you add in the nasty responses,  your feedback speaks for you in a way that most sellers would not want as their record. muttlymob

I think any rating above 99 %  is high . So you're correct ,,  it is debatable . As far as the OP's '' nasty''  responses [ plural ]  I  seen only  one that may qualify ,, so that too is debatable . Tulips 

Message 50 of 117
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

maybe you should have had the info in your listing so the buyer didn't have to ask.

You seem to be hostile towards buyers. Any buyer who reads the boards is going to know it, and know how to get under you skin. Try a less emotional, more professional approach,and forheavens sales, take the time to ACTUALLY DESCRIBE you items.

Lazy description=high rate of perturbed potential buyers.

Message 51 of 117
latest reply

Responses should reassure future buyers. The OPs responses are aggressive, especially the latest. Feedback issues are like a game. Whoever comes out looking best wins.

I think we are doing sellers a disservice when we don’t address something they can easily change which may be driving away good buyers.

Message 52 of 117
latest reply

I see a lazy, generic description.

I also see a payment policy violation.

I'm amazed myou haven't been nailed on it amgelab to OP  unquote 

I think we are doing sellers a disservice when we don’t address something they can easily change which may be driving away good buyers. thedogatemy homework 

And that's fine . However it looks to me like some of the responses the OP received  [ see up top ] were a bit  too negative and hyperbolic  .It  began to reek  of a pile on. If I were a potential buyer [and I am ] and if I came here to read this thread  [and  I did]  it wouldn't  make e bay sellers look  like very nice people . IMO that fact alone could drive away  buyers just as good  or even more so than one iffy  feedback response  by the OP .  Tulips 

Message 53 of 117
latest reply

@ge-398426 wrote:

@sakic92710 wrote:

maybe you should have had the info in your listing so the buyer didn't have to ask.

You seem to be hostile towards buyers. Any buyer who reads the boards is going to know it, and know how to get under you skin. Try a less emotional, more professional approach,and forheavens sales, take the time to ACTUALLY DESCRIBE you items.

Lazy description=high rate of perturbed potential buyers.

Irony - Tulips 

Message 54 of 117
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

But why have the "All items are in NRMT-MT condition or better unless otherwise described" in the description?  I mean what is the point, other than laziness?  You could have put "All items are in Fair-Poor condition or better unless otherwise described", too right?

Message 55 of 117
latest reply

Looking at the OP's listing is that something new that we sellers are now able to accept payment through the mail instead of paying PayPal fees?  Thanks

" I will accept payment via mail but - PLEASE WAIT FOR MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL! "

Message 56 of 117
latest reply

Your comparison to my transaction is nonsense.  

The examples I gave were not meant to "compare" to your transaction. 

You made a blanket statement citing some imagined "unwritten rule" that buyers should not leave negatives for sales that were "voided" by a refund. 

I was simply giving examples of sales that were "voided" by a refund where the seller certainly does deserve a negative, contrary to the unwritten rule you invented out of whole cloth. 

I was poking holes in your fantasies about an "unwritten rule" and "voided sales", not commenting on your particular transaction. 

Message 57 of 117
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

And that's fine . However it looks to me like some of the responses the OP received  [ see up top ] were a bit  too negative and hyperbolic  .It  began to reek  of a pile on. If I were a potential buyer [and I am ] and if I came here to read this thread  [and  I did]  it wouldn't  make e bay sellers look  like very nice people . IMO that fact alone could drive away  buyers just as good  or even more so than one iffy  feedback response  by the OP .  Tulips 

IMO most potential buyers who read this thread would see the attitude of the OP as more problematic than the responses.  It is not merely "one iffy feedback response."  One doesn't even have to see the OP's feedback to experience the attitude.  It is on full blast right here.

Message 58 of 117
latest reply

IMO most potential buyers who read this thread would see the attitude of the OP as more problematic than the responses.  It is not merely "one iffy feedback response."  One doesn't even have to see the OP's feedback to experience the attitude.  It is on full blast right here. muttlymob

Of course it's full on blast HERE .The OP has been ridiculed , called lazy  and totally jumped on all over ONE  reply  they left  for a negative feedback  they received . The rest of the OP's feedback looks fine  . Some of the buyers even complimented the OP's communication skills . Why was that overlooked ? Why was the OP's 99.2 approval rating dismissed  ?  Why go straight to  '' You're    just a bad seller '' mantra  all  over one small issue like it did ? It's no wonder  you're seeing a '' attitude '' . The OP is human and when humans feel picked on  they can and do get defensive ,, it's a  perfectly normal response . Tulips 

Message 59 of 117
latest reply

Mint is a flavor of gum or tea and unless you are selling either of those I would quit using the word mint on ebay.

Message 60 of 117
latest reply