cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a good offline listing tool for storage of listings

I'm going to be cancelling my store subscription and going to free listings only.  I don't have time to keep up with listing or managing my store like I used to - I have only listed maybe ten items over the past year, and it definitely shows.  (There's only so much you can do with the same stale listings lol) 

This question has been asked many times, and I'm asking again mainly to get some fresh information.

I want to store the listings I already have. I don't necessarily want to use a tool to actually list, but just for storage of what I already have.  I seriously thought about importing everything over to Bonanza since I know nothing will sell,  but I don't want to do that. I want something for offline storage.

Any recommendations?  Paid services are fine as long as they're not more than the cost of a basic store subscription ($22/mo).

Thanks in advance  🙂

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

A lot of them have smaller plans for $25/mo but if you want to stay below that, Ink Frog is $11/mo for up to 300 listings or $19/mo for up to 1500 listings.

Most listing services offer free trials so you can use something for a week - test the ease of download/upload and decide if you want to move forward with a paid plan.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I've been using SixBit (and it's predecessors) for 22 years..........

That said, it's not the cheapest option, the lowest price option which would suit your needs is $25/month.

You could also look at Wonderlister which has most of the same features and significantly lower subscription rates.

In theory if storage of old listings is all you really need you could use eBay Reports (formerly known as File Exchange) which is free to use.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I use Sixbit, they have a 14.99 option that is the TurboLister replacement option.   It may not be on their menu option, but if you ask for it, you s/b able to get it.  That level s/b fine for your needs.   One thing I like about it is that all the data is stored on your machine, which is important to me. 

Also, just FYI you may prefer their interface for listing, I do.  I never had to learn the new eBay Selling form with all it's issues b/c I use SB.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

I use Sixbit, they have a 14.99 option that is the TurboLister replacement option.   It may not be on their menu option, but if you ask for it, you s/b able to get it.

I thought that was only available to people that used TL before it was retired? If I'm wrong then that's good info to have when people ask these listing tool questions.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

I use Sixbit, they have a 14.99 option that is the TurboLister replacement option.   It may not be on their menu option, but if you ask for it, you s/b able to get it.

I thought that was only available to people that used TL before it was retired? If I'm wrong then that's good info to have when people ask these listing tool questions.

You know, IDK.  I thought it was avl to anyone, but I'm not positive.   I DID use TL & I still get the 14.99 rate.  IDK that they ever did any kind of verification.  Best bet is for OP to call & ask. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I'm using a WooCommerce plugin on Wordpress.   I make my listings on eBay and it syncs to the website.  I believe I could just post from there, and I also think I could use it to post on other platforms, but honestly, I haven't spent much time on it.   Lots of people seem to be posting here about how they are dumping eBay lately. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

You could also look at Wonderlister which has most of the same features and significantly lower subscription rates.

I looked at all of the suggestions and chose Wonderlister.  $5/mo for what I need and very easy to use. It's worth that little money to be able to save all of my listings to my computer.

It reminds me a lot of the old Auctiva  (haven't used them in over a decade, are they still around? )
The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Yes, still around but I think Auctiva's lowest plan is $25/mo.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I looked at all of the suggestions and chose Wonderlister.  $5/mo for what I need and very easy to use. It's worth that little money to be able to save all of my listings to my computer.

It reminds me a lot of the old Auctiva  (haven't used them in over a decade, are they still around? )

Good choice, if you dig deep there and start using it to actively manage your current listings you may find it superior for many things over working directly on eBay.

There are still some things that can only be done via the Seller Hub.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I seriously thought about importing everything over to Bonanza since I know nothing will sell,  but I don't want to do that. I want something for offline storage.

Although I didn't initially plan it that way, that is exactly my way of storing my items. I do keep all the listings active and occasionally, something sells over there! 

When I sell an item on ebay, instead of deleting the listing there, I "reserve" it. That way, if I have an ebay return, the item is available to resurrect and set to for sale on Bonanza too. And in cases in which I might get another of the same item, I can copy and paste my descriptions and if applicable, the pictures too. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I use Mercari similarly.  You can deactivate there.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Wonderlister like SixBit is much more than a place to store your old listings........

You never have to use eBay Listing Tool du jour

Inventory tracking actually works

Manage multiple id's from a single user interface

Simple and easy bulk editing

Multi factor searching and sorting of active / non-active inventory items

and many more

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

You can use Ecrater.  It does not cost anything to park your items in a store and you can hide the listings you do not wish to be active on their marketplace.    You may also import your Ebay listings.    

Message 14 of 14
latest reply