cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO one looking at my listings

I have several things up, some for days, with absolutely no hits at all.  

Unless the counters are wrong, but some of these have run before and had more views than literally zero, or one if I look at the page myself.  

I'm a top rated seller.  What on earth am I paying eBay for?  Why am I working so hard to get things out the door in 24 hours if they're going to hide my auctions?  

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I'm not sure what is going on either.  Last week was the worst week I have had all year.  Most of my listings only had 1-3 views which is extremely odd.  The past two weeks I have noticed a huge drop in views as well as sales, I know all these new things are supposed to make everything better but I too am wondering what is going on.  My views are better this week, I guess I'll have to wait until the end of the week when my listings end to see if sales pick up or is this going to be a new unlikeable pattern.  November was my most profitable month last year, but so far it's not looking that way.  Fingers crossed things take a turn and business picks back up.  Where are all my followers going?  Sorry I couldn't be more help, I just wanted you to know you weren't the only one noticing this.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

That's because eBay is not about selling, it is about "FEES", especially listing fees and all those fee based extra features.  Sure, it would be nice if eBay got those FVFs, but they do just fine only with listing fee and, of course, store fees.

There there is all the money they get from advertising on our listings.

eBay sells NOTHING, but they pretend what little we sell actually came from them.

The got rid of PayPal, sort of.  After all, no sales, no PayPal fees.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I think everyone in America has become a seller.  I see it at the flea market where folks are checking online prices for video games, housewares, etc to see if they can buy it and turn for a profit.  Check out all the FB selling groups.  Several in every city.  Porch Pick Up works in my area.  Times are a changing.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

1) Google is not sending traffic to eBay listings for the last 3 years.

2) eBay was blacklisted by Microsoft a few weeks ago and users could not access eBay listings.

3) eBay was down and could not serve web pages for a long while the other day.

4) eBay crashes everyday on everyone for the last 3 months many times a day no matter what users do.

5) I'm sure others will add to this list............

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I've noticed this is a trend every few weeks, it used to be almost anything got 80, 100 hits, more if it was popular.   Lately a popular listing is 30 hits.  But the right stuff sells.  

This week, about 8 re-lists and where they got sometimes 25 hits, they have 2, 3 at three days in.  New listing for a super rare item started Tuesday, one person has looked at it besides me.

No rhyme or reason to it, either.  I have some more rare, vintage pieces that have a decent track record of selling and I don't know if I should list them or not.   

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

First of all you can not put any confidence on eBay page view stats, they do not work for years now.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It started with Cassini, it will end with Cassini, Ebay knows this, Ebay does not care what we think

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I am a new seller (3 months). About 2-3 weeks ago "0" lookers on my listings. Called CS 3 times asking for review and help, got the runaround. Many items CS could not pull up to look at and had no explanation. I have very competitive prices and hot items, but no one looking at them. They are just being relisted by eBay over and over with no sales.  What am I to do??

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

You can't depend on eBay counters, views, or whatever stats they put out anyway, half the time eBay itself does not function properly.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

137 sales with 36 listings. Many would die for that.

@bzman33 wrote:

I am a new seller (3 months). About 2-3 weeks ago "0" lookers on my listings. Called CS 3 times asking for review and help, got the runaround. Many items CS could not pull up to look at and had no explanation. I have very competitive prices and hot items, but no one looking at them. They are just being relisted by eBay over and over with no sales.  What am I to do??

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@bzman33 wrote:

I would worry more about the defect rate affect you selling status

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

thread dates from 2016

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Got me again

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I am having same problem.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply