cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW!!! Dynamic AD RATE strategy for Promoted Listings

Nope, nothing new here, just the changing of some terminology as we redefine the meaning of some words. I don't think eBay understands that one minor change can cause confusion and panic throughout millions of users. At this point, they need a daily newspaper to keep up with what they change. Millions of non-daily eBay users will be lost when revisiting this site. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

The grifting by ebay never ends. They want 50% of the sale and to ensure sellers get nothing in return for their efforts.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point behind this. eBay will hope that everyone uses their "Daily suggestion rates" and whenever they please they will up and charge 40% just to promote your listings at the price THEY want, to make them the most money possible. Their "suggestions" are always ridiculous, I can't imagine agreeing blindly to whatever price they come up with. They must think we are all beggars on Shark Tank with how big of a cut they always want just to promote the item!

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop ,

There is no requirement that you have to use promoted listings in the first place or pay 14% of your sales to do so. You chose to use eBay’s dynamic pricing. I don’t know why you are complaining?

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Oh yeah? Well, when I simply lower the rate below 12%, basically all sales stop.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

Nope, nothing new here, just the changing of some terminology as we redefine the meaning of some words. I don't think eBay understands that one minor change can cause confusion and panic throughout millions of users. At this point, they need a daily newspaper to keep up with what they change. Millions of non-daily eBay users will be lost when revisiting this site. 

yeah, they just enhanced the name of it, prior was Suggested 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Just a warning (and I'm sure this was mentioned already, if not on this thread, then on another). I placed a jacket on Dynamic Ad Rate yesterday, which, at that time had a suggested ad rate of exactly 9%, and it had been at 9% for weeks. Then, I checked just an hour ago and the suggested ad rate jumped up to 13.5%. This may just be coincidence. Regardless, I immediately removed the Dynamic Ad Rate. 

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@ghost-star wrote:

Just a warning (and I'm sure this was mentioned already, if not on this thread, then on another). I placed a jacket on Dynamic Ad Rate yesterday, which, at that time had a suggested ad rate of exactly 9%, and it had been at 9% for weeks. Then, I checked just an hour ago and the suggested ad rate jumped up to 13.5%. This may just be coincidence. Regardless, I immediately removed the Dynamic Ad Rate. 

@ghost-star Did you use the setting to put a cap on the Dynamic Ad Rate?

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Did you cap the rate when you set it up?

You can cap the rate at whatever number you like (well, minimum 2%). Do, if you want it to never go above 9%, you can cap it at 9%. If the recommended rate goes to 13.5%, ebay will still only use 9% for your listing. If it drops to 8%, ebay will use 8%.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Good to know! But how do you cap the dynamic ad rate? I can't find that anywhere.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

I'm not sure if this is the cap you are looking for but in Seller Hub, if you go to the left side to Advertising Dashboard under Marketing tab. Scroll down to your promoted listing campaign and select the dynamic one. In the window that pops up at the top of the screen there is a place you can put in your % Cap.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

I set my promoted listings ad rate via my MANAGE ACTIVE LISTINGS page. I have never set the ad rate using a campaign (wouldn't even know how to do that). So I can't find the page where I can place a cap on the dynamic ad rate. 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Got it. Thank you!

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I usually create a new PLS Simple campaign (go to Seller Hub>Marketing Tab>Advertising Dashboard>over on right, the blue button, Create New Campaign. I then choose Standard>Simple. On that page, part way down you'll see this:

mycottagebooksandantiques_0-1686700833142.png

Lower left, check "Set ad rate cap". ebay will fill in the percentage by default: 25% (THAT ebay, always making with the jokes!) Delete 25% and put in whatever reasonable number you want as your cap.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You’re the best!

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

I have so many other people's ads on my listings - that is not dynamic - it is confusing as to what you are buying.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply