cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sales have never stunk so bad. GTC has altered something. Why eBay Why?

By the looks of it I'm not the only one that is being affected with low sales since the GTC crazy was implemented.   Thanks for making more work and next to no profits for a long time seller.  Why can't you just leave things alone?

Very disappointed and frustrated.  😞

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: My sales have never stunk so bad. GTC has altered something. Why eBay Why?

My sales have also dropped since GTC. 

Late last month I looked at my overview page and noticed I had an offer for 500 free auction listings. Never received an email! I was lucky to catch it and loaded up listings per the offer. Some improvement, but not enough to have a party about!

So we now have GTC, buy now and / or best offer, auction with buy now price, and now auction with best offer. 

What is the purpose of auction or best offer? Is it meant for a buyer who is very interested and does want to wait to offer a higher price to end auction? I have tried this feature and everyone wants to offer less than the starting auction price.

I see no difference between "auction or best offer" and "buy now or best offer"!???? 

Message 16 of 89
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up.  I sell coins and matchbooks which are in the collectible category.

Message 17 of 89
latest reply

My sales have fallen off the cliff as well since GTC.  Made most of my sales in the first couple of hours and during the last hour of a listing.  Auctions, even with buy it now, are not filling the void of of a 75% decrease in sales. eBay give us back the ability to control our own accounts with 30 day fixed lists.  We can control our own accounts.  You don't have to do it for us.

Message 18 of 89
latest reply

I agree - not sure I want to bother watchers with spam. I sometimes ignore what is in my watch list..just cleaned it up for the same reason I don't want offers....

But then I have all this time on my hands, not having to ship out any sales today....
Message 19 of 89
latest reply

YEPPERS, same here!! All this extra time on my hands, ever since I ended my eBay Store on April 30th, and then dropped my listings altogether (at least for a while), certainly HAS been "freeing", if not also devastating, not having that extra bit of income, anymore. But, HEY, if I'M not getting any income from selling on eBay anymore, after 19+ years on here, then eBay isn't making anymore money, EITHER;...at least, not from me...and, that's really GREAT!! I'll figure something else out, perhaps other venues, and eBay won't be getting another thin dime out of me, and 'FleaBay' can go suck eggs, for all I care!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 89
latest reply

my sales were already stinkin'. I just end them if I am over it.  but, what is up with this "great" economy?

Message 21 of 89
latest reply

I'm not a big seller and been using GTC for awhile and according to Ebay, my sales are up.

ScreenShot.jpg

Have a great day
Message 22 of 89
latest reply

If you start lowering your prices to the watchers,,,,,  they will catch on and that's all you will have.  I ignore those notices from Ebay..  im not lowering my prices for watchers..  

Message 23 of 89
latest reply

You sold 5 items in 90 days? Your sales are up?   Wow. Guess you didn't have anything listed before that..  Or at least no sales!!

Message 24 of 89
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

My sales have also dropped since GTC. 

Late last month I looked at my overview page and noticed I had an offer for 500 free auction listings. Never received an email! I was lucky to catch it and loaded up listings per the offer. Some improvement, but not enough to have a party about!

So we now have GTC, buy now and / or best offer, auction with buy now price, and now auction with best offer. 

What is the purpose of auction or best offer? Is it meant for a buyer who is very interested and does want to wait to offer a higher price to end auction? I have tried this feature and everyone wants to offer less than the starting auction price.

I see no difference between "auction or best offer" and "buy now or best offer"!???? 

I agree I do not see teh point of offers on auctions. Here is what I have figured out. With a store I have to pay an additional fee for Buy-it now added to auctions( I don't when selling without store) The eBay way-  I pay more for less.  If I have auction with make offer a buyer can send offer and I can accept and end auction. The problem is no one... not sellers or buyers know what direction the offer is intended to go. I have tried  high starting price anticipating a lower offer, I have tried starting low for, grins,  .01 cent to see if I got offers above.  I didn't get any offers either way.  I have 2 auctions ending at 1 cent. My satisfaction is there is not much commision going ot big brother. I was getting ready to donate this inventory any way.  

Message 25 of 89
latest reply

This is really bad. I though was only me 

Message 26 of 89
latest reply

I agree - things have been very slow since the GTC was implemented. I have been taking my listings down right before they would end and relisting and maybe ebay sends those listings to bottom of search. But I look and they are showing up in new listings. I also am getting alot of views and watches but no sales. Ebay runs our business and I have a real problem with that. I sell on 2 other venues and you manage your own business - it is not like Ebay.
Message 27 of 89
latest reply

The odd thing is I have looked at the times my listings "end" and some are 6am - weird times that I NEVER would use. Also I had items to relist every day before GTC which means I should have items rolling every day and I don't. Gaps of nothing ending on certain days and I relisted every day. I am pulling them down right before they end and relisting now but before I did that - the times are all messed up.
Message 28 of 89
latest reply

Totally agree - if I did not need the lousy sales i get on ebay I would be gone.
Message 29 of 89
latest reply

I have had no sales in 6 days. I am ending my listings before they roll and relisting myself and wondering if Ebay has things set up that hurts people who are doing this instead of letting the GTC. I used to list every 10 days. And back then I would find items not listed and only knew it because i saw the items every 10 days. I found 2 more just yesterday because I am taking them down right before they end. Something is wrong.
Message 30 of 89
latest reply