cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new listed or relisted items not showing up.

For the last week when I relist or list a new item they do not show up on new listed items in the auction at the top of the page they are just buried in the auctions. I have a Iphone 10 and a pc. Does not work on any of them. I need my items to come up on new listing to get more buyers for business.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You’re not alone with this issue.  Just noticed this too with some items I relisted from buy it nows back to auction listings. They only appear at the top under “Best Match”, not the correct one…. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yeah I finally figured it out. Ebay updates there website it messed up the listings. When you relist items do not chose relist it will get buried and only come up Best Match. You need to chose sell similar. That way all the items you list will come up in newly listed.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm surprised ebay did not have this issue in announcements for ebay users. I had to figure it out on my own after days and hours on the phone with ebay and no help.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks teeitup1 ... this is super helpful .... spent an hour with Ebay support on this and they did not have a clue .... thanks to your message .... I got things right .... although ending the earlier listings which were not showing up in the search index under "newly listed" cost me 4$ .... 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@teeitup1 wrote:

I'm surprised ebay did not have this issue in announcements for ebay users. I had to figure it out on my own after days and hours on the phone with ebay and no help.

Probably because eBay is trying to get rid of these fake "new listings" so they don't want to tell people how to get around it.

As a buyer I really detest these fake new listings, they mess up all my saved searches, I'm tired of getting alerts about new listing that match my search only to find it's the same old stuff they alerted to me every month for the 3 years.

I had one saved search for an item for more than 5 years, because of the keywords I used, not too specific so I would not miss things, I get phantom matches,  the one that triggers the alert most often is a post card that the seller has been ending and relisting every 29 days since 2019 when GTC became mandatory.

The good news is I was finally able to end that search as the actual item of interest did show up last month and I snagged it. I almost missed it because I was not looking at the alerts since they were almost always not for what I was looking for, just the same postcard every time.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@teeitup1 wrote:

For the last week when I relist or list a new item they do not show up on new listed items in the auction at the top of the page.

Typed ray ban unisex sunglasses.  Yes they do. Yours is the second one of the newly listed.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Why are my ended listings not showing re listed to previous watchers and potential buyers, 

I list my items, then end them after 30 days, 

I then re list them but when I click on the ended listing from another account it doesn’t show re listed when I was watching them on my wife’s account, so what’s going on?

the whole point is to let any ebayer who was watching my listings, when they see ended items, click on ended item and it takes you straight back to the newly listed item. But my listings do not?

also the bulk editing tool to remove promoted listings isn’t working, I have to manually remove all promotions on 88 listings manually, which is a joke, to me being cynical, eBay is doing this on purpose to make it difficult to remove because they will get more fees, also it makes you use promoted listing tool to sell as I’m not getting any watchers on my listings 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply