cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listing isn't showing in search

I haven't been selling on eBay for long but I think I've managed to list as accurately as possible... I have 8 listings but only 7 of them show up in search. I don't know if it's something I did wrong or what. It's a camo diaper bag that I made. It DOES show if I use the word handmade in search, but if I just say "camo diaper bag" it doesn't, even when I use the handmade filter. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Idk if I'm allowed to post a link to the item here or not...

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: My listing isn't showing in search

I'm seeing the same thing eburtonlab is seeing--he just sees things much faster than I. LOL!

I just checked, and it's in:

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories>Baby>Baby Accessories>Bags

As you know, that's why it doesn't show up when someone searches for "camo diaper bag." That search takes me directly to the "diaper bag" category, so yours doesn't show up.

Hopefully, it will re-index quickly!
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

I find the listing template to be not at ALL consistent. Is it just me?
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@xoheidibo wrote:
I find the listing template to be not at ALL consistent. Is it just me?

You have control over the category you select when you design your listing.  What are you finding is inconsistent specifically?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@mam98031  Just from scratch, where they say to pick a listing that's similar to what you want to sell. That's where I started with most of them. And then you're at the mercy of whatever template the person set up on the listing you picked to use. I couldn't find another way to do it.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab  Changing the category worked! I knew it was gonna be something I did wrong in the listing. Thank you!

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@xoheidibo 

You are most welcome -- glad you were able to get it working!

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

@xoheidibo wrote:

@mam98031  Just from scratch, where they say to pick a listing that's similar to what you want to sell. That's where I started with most of them. And then you're at the mercy of whatever template the person set up on the listing you picked to use. I couldn't find another way to do it.

Then stop doing that.  You don't have to.  You are choosing to.  Create your own.  Simple fix and it is very good for you to know all your options so you can make informed decision on what YOU want.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@mam98031  Okay so... I click on "sell an item" and the next page says "tell us what you're selling". Do I type in that box or do I click "create a template"? The thing that confuses me is, even if I choose create a template, it just gives me categories and attributes for things I've already listed. I'm sure I'm just missing something. It's easy unless you don't know what you're doing LOL

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Just created a template but there are hardly any details to choose from. Where are all the attribute boxes with dropdowns? There are just a few. Some of my listings have like, 30. Where did those come from? I didn't put them there....

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

@xoheidibo wrote:

@mam98031  Okay so... I click on "sell an item" and the next page says "tell us what you're selling". Do I type in that box or do I click "create a template"? The thing that confuses me is, even if I choose create a template, it just gives me categories and attributes for things I've already listed. I'm sure I'm just missing something. It's easy unless you don't know what you're doing LOL

Just take your time and pay close attention to what is on your screen.  Yes it will default to a category or give you a list of categories that you have listed in before.  But you don't have to select one of those, there is a "browse category" button in that same area on the listing form.

I know it can be overwhelming while you are learning.  But it is in your best interest to learn this.  Here is a help page that may be of use.

https://www.ebay.com/help/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listing?id=4105

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@xoheidibo wrote:

Just created a template but there are hardly any details to choose from. Where are all the attribute boxes with dropdowns? There are just a few. Some of my listings have like, 30. Where did those come from? I didn't put them there....

That is ISBs [item specific boxes].  Below is a link that tells you about them.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/item-specifics.html

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Thanks so much @mam98031  I sure do appreciate your help!

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@xoheidibo wrote:

Thanks so much @mam98031  I sure do appreciate your help!

You are very welcome.  Ask more questions when you have them.  We are always happy to help you.

I hope you have fantastic sales.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

It got a bunch of views at once and then stopped because once it was listed for so long and not a new ad anymore, Ebay stopped showing it to people browsing the site. You know how you are looking at an ad for one item and then you see other recommendations for similar things beneath it?

Message 29 of 29
latest reply