cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My last day with the TRS+ Bagde & discount due to free return requirement

As everyone knows the dreaded free return requirement to keep our 10% discount starts tomorrow. Later tonight I will be changing my handling time to 2 days with no returns. 

I would happily offer a 7 day return policy for buyer remorse cases but for some unknown reason eBay thinks its only appropriate to offer no returns or 30 days. 

I've never had my listings have no returns before. Can a buyer still request a return for remorse if my official policy is no returns? I was thinking about adding a paragraph about accepting returns (buyer pays return shipping) for any reason within 7 days of delivery. 

Who else is dropping their trs+ today?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I'm going to 2 day handling and 30 day (not free) returns.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

We may not be far behind you.  Already trying (and succeeding, mostly) to provide the best service we can - but eBay continues to invent more hoops while removing any incentives, benefits or support.

As for the No Returns question, maybe this will help:

"What if my listings don't offer returns?

If you receive a request that requires your response (such as a "not as described" request covered under the eBay Money Back Guarantee program), we may automatically provide a return shipping label to the buyer. The cost of the label will be billed to your invoice and no impact will occur to your seller performance."

Simplified Returns (Summer Update)

~M

(edit:  I am really tired of the red-letter warnings about of "invalid HTML" when all I'm using is eBay's own urls.  You'd think their coders would get it right by now.)

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@sashalucy2009 wrote:
 ... I've never had my listings have no returns before. Can a buyer still request a return for remorse if my official policy is no returns? ...

Yes, they can. Most are savvy enough to make up a lie about a defect in the item, so it qualifies for a 'Not as described" free return.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

"What if my listings don't offer returns?

If you receive a request that requires your response (such as a "not as described" request covered under the eBay Money Back Guarantee program), we may automatically provide a return shipping label to the buyer. The cost of the label will be billed to your invoice and no impact will occur to your seller performance."

And if you believe that, I've got a few landlocked islands to sell ...

(underline mine)

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I am changing all my current listings to 14 day returns.  I don't know what I'll do with new listings.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I have read about the fake SNADS but I have been pretty fortunate. Over the last 12 months across several selling accounts I have only had 1 not as described (damaged during shipping) and 7 for remorse. Maybe it's the catagory I sell in (mostly American girl dolls and doll clothes) but most of the people I have dealt with were honest about why they had to return an item and paid for the return label. 

My concern is, if my official policy is no returns (even though I am willing to still take them with a reasonable 7 day timeframe) will they file a SNAD because they have no other choice. 

Mabey i am not explaining my question well. I understand that eBay will just give the buyer a return label at my expense if they claim the item was not as described but if my policy is no returns will the buyer see an option to return for remorse?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

a buyer can return for pretty much any reason they can think up.  We have had them lie time and time again.  Best regards

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I've come to my own decision on this.   Since a buyer can claim Not As Described for any reason AND EBay has a 30 day return policy for those NAD items, it doesn't matter about a 14 day return policy.  The only thing that matters is the "worst case" scenario - which is the Not As Described return that can happen with any item.   

Because of this, for most expensive items (those items costing $100-$1,000), I've gone to a 30 day Seller Paid Return with 1 day Shipping to retain TRP on those items.   For inexpensive items . . . those that are in the $20 dollar range but can cost about $9 to ship . . .  I have it Buyer Paid Return Shipping.  That's because if the buyer claims not as described, I'm unlikely to spend my own $9 to have the item sent back . . . and unfortunately for me they'll get to keep the item.   However, my experience so far shows that I don't get that many Not As Described Claims to worry about an inexpensive item coming back.   What I do care about is an expensive item coming back damaged . . .which i have some protection of giving 50% back if it arrives that way with a TRP listing.

So it depends upon what kind of lisings one has, the price point, and the cost shipping.  The Cost of Shipping can actually determine whether maintaining TRP status on listing is worth it.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply