cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My item was purchased by a scammer. What are my options?

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to eBay and listed an item for an auction at $81. I received an offer for $140.. (which to me seemed too high but I accepted thinking I got a great deal). Anyway, I was immediately pretty skeptical because it was purchased for so much but the final straw was when the buyer asked me to buy a $300 gift card and include it with the item. The buyer said they would pay me $300 extra + $50 for shipping (way too much) and right then I thought to myself no way. He also asked for my paypal email directly instead of paying through eBay. All red flags here.

I tried to cancel the purchase but the buyer has to accept. What can I do? What are my options?

Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@garage_sale97 wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to eBay and listed an item for an auction at $81. I received an offer for $140.. (which to me seemed too high but I accepted thinking I got a great deal). Anyway, I was immediately pretty skeptical because it was purchased for so much but the final straw was when the buyer asked me to buy a $300 gift card and include it with the item. The buyer said they would pay me $300 extra + $50 for shipping (way too much) and right then I thought to myself no way. He also asked for my paypal email directly instead of paying through eBay. All red flags here.

I tried to cancel the purchase but the buyer has to accept. What can I do? What are my options?

Thanks in advance.  OP

Yeah ,, you've been scammed, I'm   sorry to say . Whenever someone offers more than the asking price  thats the first clue it will not go well for you,,   should you accept it . There are others who know much more than I do about  what to do in cases like this   . I'm sure they'll be along shortly ..  Tulips 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The hundred year old scam. Did you actually file the cancellation request? You should have just waited a couple days, and filed a non paying bidder case..hes not going to pay you. He may send you a fake Paypal invoice that hes paid..dont fall for it.Always, always, check Paypal for your funds.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your buyer won't be clicking Accept @garage_sale97 and is already scamming with a new ID. Just wait the 10 days and then you can cancel it yourself.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@garage_sale97 wrote:

In the future, file an Unpaid Item Dispute, not a cancellation.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply