cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first Unpaid Item case....not sure what to do next.

Items were purchased in Auction format on July 7/17.  Sent Buyer a note through the invoice system with adjusted shipping rate.  No response from Buyer.  I happened to notice a similar situation and timeline with another Seller in this forum, so I read all the advice/suggestions.  Some of you responded with good advice to my comments, so I went ahead an filed an Unpaid Item claim on July 11, but sent a Buyer a second (nice) message/reminder before I filed the claim.  No response.  I've been checking the claim's status in the Resolution Centre on my page and just noticed the following under Status:  "Unpaid item case open - awaiting payment.  You can now close this case."  And in the Take Action column, it says:  "Receive fee credit."  Does this means that the claim is officially done and that the Buyer can no longer take action against me or complain if I relist?  What next steps do I take to reimburse fees and relist the item.  I will definitely block the Buyer as well, once I hear your advice.  I want to do this carefully and properly so as not to receive any defects.  I look forward to reading your advice.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@rustictrollop wrote:

Items were purchased in Auction format on July 7/17.  Sent Buyer a note through the invoice system with adjusted shipping rate.  No response from Buyer.  I happened to notice a similar situation and timeline with another Seller in this forum, so I read all the advice/suggestions.  Some of you responded with good advice to my comments, so I went ahead an filed an Unpaid Item claim on July 11, but sent a Buyer a second (nice) message/reminder before I filed the claim.  No response.  I've been checking the claim's status in the Resolution Centre on my page and just noticed the following under Status:  "Unpaid item case open - awaiting payment.  You can now close this case."  And in the Take Action column, it says:  "Receive fee credit."  Does this means that the claim is officially done and that the Buyer can no longer take action against me or complain if I relist?  What next steps do I take to reimburse fees and relist the item.  I will definitely block the Buyer as well, once I hear your advice.  I want to do this carefully and properly so as not to receive any defects.  I look forward to reading your advice.  Thank you!

Yes. Just submit for your credit. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I forgot to mention too block the buyer on your block buyer list. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thank you.  I've been wanting to do the block, but wasn't sure if it would affect the Buyer's ability to pay, in case they decided to at the last moment.  Two quick questions about that...do people know when they've been blocked and/or receive a strike/defect?  And can the Buyer leave negative feedback at this point?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

No they can't leave any FB, because you followed the correct process. I would assume that they will not know until they try to buy from you again.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I just put this Buyer on my BBL and closed the case under "Actions".   Immediately received a message from eBay confirming it.  Thank you so much!!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@rustictrollop wrote:

Thank you.  I've been wanting to do the block, but wasn't sure if it would affect the Buyer's ability to pay, in case they decided to at the last moment.  Two quick questions about that...do people know when they've been blocked and/or receive a strike/defect?  And can the Buyer leave negative feedback at this point?

I really wouldn't want a last minute payment myself. It's a good way to get a retaliatory SNAD claim for all your troubles, and prevents them from getting a NPB'er strike at the same time. An in some cases eBay will let them keep the item for free.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Those were my thoughts exactly.  I was telling a family member earlier that this would probably end up as a SNAD if the payment came through eventually.  The complete lack of any response to all messages was very telling.  I wanted to block sooner, but wasn't sure if that would tick off the Buyer (which is why I asked if they would know).  Interesting that some people don't care how this affects their record, considering this Buyer's feedback was good both sent and received (no soft positives).

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@rustictrollop wrote:

Those were my thoughts exactly.  I was telling a family member earlier that this would probably end up as a SNAD if the payment came through eventually.  The complete lack of any response to all messages was very telling.  I wanted to block sooner, but wasn't sure if that would tick off the Buyer (which is why I asked if they would know).  Interesting that some people don't care how this affects their record, considering this Buyer's feedback was good both sent and received (no soft positives).

eBay would remove those if the buyer reported them. You can't leave a neg under a positive. eBay will ding you for it. You can't even say buyer didn't pay for item. That's been a really big issue for lots of sellers, that get their items tied up in a NPB'er case. They would like to alert others about their experience with specific buyers, but eBay will not let them. The site has become less seller friendly nowadays.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply