cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first GTC were ending today

Today I had the first GTC listings ending. The last two months I've received listing specials, so I ended anything that was going to roll over in 15 days or less to take advantage of the special. So I'm a Nervous Nellie, was afraid to wait until this afternoon to close items that were due to rollover, so I ended everything closing today last night. Didn't want a power outage, wifi outage, family emergency to prevent me from ending over a hundred listings when I don't even have my full free 50 left. Except that just now I realized, DUH, what about this, my secondary account??!! Luckily my items still had several hours to go so I was able to end everything. Made me realize that when I relist the items I should always relist late in the day, just in case something happens in the morning or I have a brain fart again. BTW, we had a garage sale last weekend. Removed about 50 listings from each ID to try my luck with folks seeing the items in person. I sold exactly five items from this account, all necklaces for a dollar, and maybe one book from the other account. The books are boxed and ready for the Salvation Army to pickup, not bothering with eBay. Ditto the other items I removed with few exceptions.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: My first GTC were ending today

Yup, have to stay on top of things, and keep an eye on our account(s).

Our internet was out for about 5 hours Tuesday night.   Was fortunate that it came back on to get labels printed up.

Couple weeks back it was out for the better part of 3 days. Minimum 10 mile drive to use library wi-fi to check for sales, and limited days/hours there if I need to print labels.  Next minimum drive is 30 miles.

My listings are staggered enough that I will not run into fees from unwanted GTC relists, but always hate to waste any listings.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It doesn't appear from your sold records on the site that your sales on this account have dropped since March 18th when the GTC policy change happened.  Are you sure that GTC can't work for you?  I'm just asking.  I know there are many sellers that just do not like GTC and I respect that.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is me on the other account. With both accounts I considered leaving a few items to roll over. Deleted things in groups of like items. But as I got toward the end and items that I'll probably relist anyway I decided nope, not this time. My garage sale made me rummage around for other items to put out and when those things that are small enough to mail didn't sell, I'm going to put them out first and see how many of my free 50 are left. Also am coupling a few things that were singles before. I just sold an evening bag that had been listed quite a while, removed for garage sale and didn't sell, then I relisted at bargain basement prices. We are moving in a couple years to the "old folks home" and have a big house to squeeze into a two bedroom apartment.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Careful with posting with multiple IDs on the thread, that is a violation of the community rules.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

OK, but I'd have figured that was for "hidden" responses, not when I identify myself as same poster.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@pvcliff wrote:

OK, but I'd have figured that was for "hidden" responses, not when I identify myself as same poster.

I don't know if they consider both types.  I've never had any experience with it one way or the other.  Speaking for myself, I like your honesty.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply