cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auctions disappeared...

I had ten items on auction (as a seller) and five of them had bids going with 3 or 4 days left and now they're all gone and unresolved. What happened to them and why? These were my first attempts to sell and I have all 100% feedback as a buyer here so it can't be because of any misconduct on my part. The items being bid on were collectible games and/or cards. And no help from any of ebay reps I talked to on the phone. They didn't know either.

Is this a common thing? Does it frequently happen to new sellers? What happened?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

On this account?  I don't see any listings and no sold or completed listings.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The last time you received feedback on this account was for buying in 2018, and you have recently updated your username. Are you sure you listed using this account and not a different one?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

All buyer only accounts have 100% feedback. Buyer feedback really means nothing. Sellers are not allowed to leave them anything but positive. Any negative comments in a positive feedback will be removed by Ebay. It only shows you bought something. It never shows if there were problems later on in the transaction.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Exactly. That's the problem. This morning I had ten items and multiple bids with 3 or 4 days left.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

yes. It's the only account I have. And I changed my user name to my actual name since I was going to try selling for the first time.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I can only see the items I had listed if I go to help from the seller page. All but one of these items had active bids with 3-4 days remaining.

thumbnail_20220106_221831.jpg

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

The point was I don't see a reason to remove all my items mid auction.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@rogertranes wrote:

I changed my user name to my actual name since I was going to try selling for the first time.

I have never heard of items being removed unless Ebay removed them. If that happened it would still show but say item is no longer available for sale. Maybe because you say you changed your name mid stream of an auction in progress ?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

All I can think of is you have been restricted as to how many/what value you can list for as a new seller ? Though I did not think it affected auctions as much, but maybe..........

Can you check your eBay messages, eBay usually advises a seller when this happens. 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

No, I changed my username before I listed any items. I did change payment options mid-auction tho, so I think that might have been it.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I think it's because I changed payment options mid-auction and I did receive a very confusing message about that. Although the value  was pretty high (by my standards anyway) which makes this especially frustrating but I didn't receive any notifications about that.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@rogertranes wrote:

No, I changed my username before I listed any items. I did change payment options mid-auction tho, so I think that might have been it.

Once an auction has bids, there are limits to changing the terms of the sale. See the link below.

Like another poster mentioned, eBay will send a message advising the reasons for the take down. Have you checked your messages and email and junk mail? Also, what are your seller limits? How many listings are you allowed to have per month? These answers will help us help you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/revising-listing?id=4356

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I am unsure just how you changed payment options but I believe you

I think the majority of sellers just take the payment option that ebay gives them and that is managed payments

ebay will then display a list that buyers can use to pay but as far as I know you get payed with MP and thats it.

buyer have a choice in how to pay but sellers do not really get a choice in how to be paid

you should take a look at the payments tab in seller hub and do what is recommended

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Do not understand why e-Bay does not make a Seller TIDY-Up all the Payment loose ends before allowing listings??

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 15 of 19
latest reply