cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Promotion Banners are gone again

I just noticed the promo banners are gone again. My sales start going down the day they remove them. My banner tells the buyer if they purchase 10 or more eligible items I will pay for the shipping.

Why would Ebay remove that information? When they do sales drop immediately.

Coupled with the fact that combined shipping no longer works sales will continue to go down.

Brilliant!!! 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: My Promotion Banners are gone again

Some things became clear to me today. I did manage to figure out the promotional banner issue. I should be able to correct that. 

Thank you for your help.

What really became clear was the issue I have had since 14 Feb. Items were no longer combining to discount the shipping. I contacted Ebay many many times about it. 

Ebay's response was that it could not be corrected as they could not duplicate the issue on their end.

As a result I have been refunding buyer's after the sale for excessive shipping costs. I then have to send Ebay the sale record number and  the amount of the refund to have the fees credited to me.

I sell around 100 items or more a day. This is crippling my sales.

I have stopped adding new items and stopped restocking many  items.

I just can't run my store like this.

It's the forced IPR. I wish they had just told me that is why items would not combine. Would have saved me a lot of frustration. 

Now Ebay is trying to force Guaranteed Delivery as well.

The effect is I now have new buyer's calling me names as they think I am over charging shipping. I am spending way too much time refunding and contacting Ebay for credits. 

Ebay forgets I am not their employee, I am an independent shop owner.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

@mrconran I'm going to repeat what I suggested earlier about your shipping discount problem.

Create new shipping discount rules and delete the old ones. Maybe the refresh will correct the problem.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Hello thank you but I think I found the issue. I think the promotional shipping banner needs to be "reset".

I really do want to say thanks for the help. You and the other members on the boards have helped me when Ebay has failed to offer any help. I am just leaving this site as fast as I can. Just going to take a while to get it done.

Thanks

Mr Bill

Rock Island Sports

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Hello I have enabled the promotions manager however different items still do not combine to discount the shipping costs. So now my buyer's think I am charging them huge shipping charges on any multiple item purchases. 

Message 34 of 34
latest reply