cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ebay sales are down 69% in the last 30 days!

I went from running 400-500 listings to now this month about 30. The computer algorithms that the eBay "TEAM" (Cough, Cough) cant even generate a single sale now that I have decreased my listing totals. I brought 3 carloads of ebay inventory to the church down the street. They were really happy to have it.

Is anyone else having this huge type of sales drop? Along with that customers are asking me information about the item that I already took time to type into the description which tells me that the click description button is now quietly being implimend.

Message 1 of 174
latest reply
173 REPLIES 173

Re: My Ebay sales are down 69% in the last 30 days!

We are way down the last few years and getting worse.  We have managed to do at least a few a day and all of the sudden last few days 0.  It's like everything shut down!  Literally!   We know we are not welcome here anymore.  Just getting worse by every year.

Message 46 of 174
latest reply

Message 47 of 174
latest reply

@baantiques wrote:

....  Sure, we all know that Ebay has hidden selling limits and they throttle your sales if their algorithm thinks you're having too good of a day...

Yup.

Message 48 of 174
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

@ryanrobyn wrote:
Mine is down over 80% in both of my stores. GOOD LUCK SELLERS,

Got my 76.1% beat.   I haven't listed in weeks. Too discouraged.  i have a few more things from my mothers estate to sell then I think I am going to pack it in.

I've added 24 new listings in the past week. It's almost like it's turning people away rather than bringing them in. Interestingly enough, I had the same type of month, in April,  June and now September.  Lights on....definitely lights off right now.

Message 49 of 174
latest reply

@margarenisa_0 wrote:

@baantiques wrote:

....  Sure, we all know that Ebay has hidden selling limits and they throttle your sales if their algorithm thinks you're having too good of a day...

Yup.

Yeah, eBay sees that they are making TOO MUCH MONEY on FVF's from all those sales, so let's throttle back those sales. LOL!

Message 50 of 174
latest reply

Op, and everyone, hope your sales pick up!

Message 51 of 174
latest reply

Hope sales pick up for you!

Message 52 of 174
latest reply

Thank you so much
Message 53 of 174
latest reply

@rschissler wrote:

@margarenisa_0 wrote:

@baantiques wrote:

Yup.

Yeah, eBay sees that they are making TOO MUCH MONEY on FVF's from all those sales, so let's throttle back those sales. LOL!

I liken it to some egalitarian **bleep** attitude about how "everyone has to have a turn".

It's like that kid when you were in 6th grade - the one who was really good at sports.  He'd always get the rebound and run down for a layup - until the gym teacher started making him wait for the rest of the kids to catch up.

Yeah, handicap your best sellers.  Makes no sense.

But, I HAVE gotten above that artificial ceiling.  You just have to figure out Cassini's Stupid Human Tricks and do them.

Message 54 of 174
latest reply

So the best way to protest eBay's treatment of smaller sellers is to stop patronizing smaller sellers on eBay and stop leaving feedback for sellers, in favor of the mythical competition to eBay that everyone will flock to when eBay dies. (something i've been reading about for 16 years now and has yet to happen.)

Ok, this is sound logic.
Message 55 of 174
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

One thing ebay grossly overlooks is the fact that sellers are also buyers so when they have kicked uus in the gut enough times no matter how dense we are - we just quit buying - if dumbfounds me that they don't get it. Pretty sure they have the numbers - do they read them?

They do tell anyone who is suspended that they can still buy here, but most don't.

Message 56 of 174
latest reply

I too donated the designer clothing I had in one store to the school district in Houston. They were happy as well. I now have 35 items in that store, lol. I truly believe that whoever they put "in charge" who has consistently killed our business, works for a competitor. Nobody can be this stupid, at least I'd hope not with the position they are in, and continuously run eBay into the ground month after month, year after year. I don't need the eBay groupies on here attacking my opinion, so keep your negativity to yourself. I don't mind slow sales as I understand economics and life. However, they have been on a steady decline for US Sellers and a steady incline in supporting the overseas sellers who have $0.99 items with free shipping. They will keep losing us and by force we will have gone elsewhere til all they're left with is overseas sellers. They should never think this business won't/can't fall.
Message 57 of 174
latest reply

I was having a decent month for myself but now it looks like Ebay has shut me off.  Last two days No sales.  I was ave. 2 sales a day which is what I hope for since I am a small time part time seller.  my sales up to that point was 800.00.  Now nothing.

Message 58 of 174
latest reply

my opinion is this seller hub forced onto everybody is the final nail in the coffin killing sales off entirely, ebayers are so fed up, with it, they completely quit ebay buy or sell..

Message 59 of 174
latest reply

That's amazing! I made that kind of money when I first started selling here. It will pick up for u over the holidays I'm sure. That's pretty much my focus right now. Ive been buying toys that I knew would be hot items that are no longer on the shelves or things that make great gifts.
Message 60 of 174
latest reply