cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Buyers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I am really sad to learn that I must use my bank account to sell my shoes. I do not share that with anyone.    If you check my history on eBay you will see i have a 100% satisfaction for selling.  I listed over a dozen pairs of luxury shoes this year and , as always, told you a bit of how and where and who they saw on my travels.  SO much fun and so many folks were helped by the work I did in my real life.

Im sorry to go.  I spent 3 weeks getting the shoes ready.  Now, I will donate them to a charity that helps women recover from addiction.  

At my age (dont dare ask a woman her age, so uncouth) I have some years on my timeline, but I am past the 12 hours day.  So I leave you with this:   lead with kindness to all, bc you never know what burdens they may carry.   Thank you all so much and I wish you health, joy and love 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: My Buyers

I'm not sure who you are addressing, but if you want to sell ANYTHING on ebay you have to submit your SS# Your Banking info (Account and routing numbers) they may require your photo ID as well.

All sellers are required to upload this info especially if they want to be paid.

ETA: If you don't want to upload that info that is up to you, you won't get your payout it will be sent to your state unclaimed property division (or whatever it's called ) to collect your funds you will be providing your ID and any other info to prove who you are.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

@Anonymous 

There are other payment options out there so that you can sell your shoes.  I use a Walmart Green Dot Card for my payments.  It's a separate account used only for my ebay transactions.  You can order a card on line.  They provide a routing number and a checking number and it is a payment method that Ebay accepts with no problem.

I have had my account for almost 7 years.  There is a monthly fee, but if you deposit more than $500 a month in to the account, it's free.   Here's a link to help should you choose to take my advice:

https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/

Good luck should you choose this option.  

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Managed Payments is the "new" way to get paid since eBay and PayPal parted.  I have had zero problems with it.  My deposits go into my bank account in one day with no issues.  I use the debit card that is attached to my checking account for purchases. 

It is not optional, so if you do not comply, you cannot sell anymore.  Why not give it a try?  It really is quite simple and painless.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I am really sad to learn that I must use my bank account to sell my shoes. I do not share that with anyone.    If you check my history on eBay you will see i have a 100% satisfaction for selling.  I listed over a dozen pairs of luxury shoes this year and , as always, told you a bit of how and where and who they saw on my travels.  SO much fun and so many folks were helped by the work I did in my real life.

Im sorry to go.  I spent 3 weeks getting the shoes ready.  Now, I will donate them to a charity that helps women recover from addiction.  

At my age (dont dare ask a woman her age, so uncouth) I have some years on my timeline, but I am past the 12 hours day.  So I leave you with this:   lead with kindness to all, bc you never know what burdens they may carry.   Thank you all so much and I wish you health, joy and love 

So go to your bank and request another account that is under your main account.

I don’t allow anyone to withdraw from my main account either and I have several business accounts. 

The solution is an easy one.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

You don't have to quit selling shoes. According to many others that have posted here saying they're leaving, the internet is full of platforms that don't require your SS# or bank account # to sell.  You can set up shop in any one of those great places.

I'm wondering... if you've sold on ebay before and you're not on Managed payments, then you must have been using PayPal unless you've not sold in the last 15-18 years so. My question is this: Since you say above, "Today I am really sad to learn that I must use my bank account to sell my shoes. I do not share that with anyone",  how did you manage to get your PayPal account without giving them your bank account and SS#? I didn't know that could be done. I would be interested in how it's done.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

I will never for the life of me understand why eBay does not require people to be 100% approved and set up for Managed Payments before they are allowed to list anything.

This business of letting people list and sell and then eBay holding their proceeds hostage after the fact is a bunch of crap, IMO. 

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

@pburn  Why not bring this up on the mentor lounge and tag a few blues??  I agree 100%.  It would cut down on the angry folks (not this OP, she is kind) and posts about where is my money.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Chime is a free, online bank account. I set one up and use it only for eBay. It's easy to transfer money from there to my regular bank account.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Hi @Anonymous 

While you have to provide a checking account to receive payments … you DO NOT have to use your personal checking account.

Many sellers have opened a new, online, checking account to use ONLY for selling on eBay.  That way, your personal account will remain private as it should.

Hope you find a way to continue listing your shoes while feeling as safe as you did under PayPal.  🙂

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

You can open a new account, even with the same bank, to use for eBay, that way no access to your regular bank accounts.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Chime Bank.

KrazzyKats

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

@pburn  Why not bring this up on the mentor lounge and tag a few blues??  

Because I'm not a mentor. Feel free to run with it, but I get half of any swag associated with the suggestion. 🤣

As far as tagging blues goes, that's pointless. They'll just say, "Oh, my! We'll be sure to bring that to the attention of the appropriate team. See ya!"

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Traditiontulips,

You don’t have to use your primary checking account for eBay. Many sellers including myself have separate account for eBay sales. I do it not because not because potential fraud but to keep funds separate. 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Have you ever written a check? Have you ever been paid by direct deposit? Then you've given it out. 

Message 15 of 37
latest reply