cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple problems here...glitches everyday...why?

For about the last 4 months, endless cannot be connected please refresh, now missing bids, finally found one on the sellers sold items, not sold to me.  Tired of it.  What has happened to their server farms, too stingy to pay for them?  It's not my computer, everything else is working just fine.  Just here.  Message after message about not this and not that please check this and that, and the 'refresh'.  And if I sound a bit upset, I am.  I buy a lot here, not that that matters.

Hahahaha...hit post and now it says "Correct the highlighted errors and try again."  But no errors are highlighted.  Hate this.  Trying to post again...

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Ha...it worked, and I will try to post examples when they happen.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Multiple problems ... Glitches everyday

I heard that ebay has been cutting expenses & even letting go of some of it's employees, perhaps a negative impact has been the result

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Did it ever occur to you that it could be your internet connection or wifi giving you the blues when you are trying to bid? It happens. If it's a server issue try checking with downforeveryoneorjustme.com to see if it is indeed an eBay server issue. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I rarely rarely have glitches on here and if I do I try again and it's 99.9% of the time whatever it is, works. Glitch is a glitch, aside from making the site a little slower, it doesn't hurt anything else.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

"Did it ever occur to you that it could be your internet connection or wifi"

No wifi...and I have no problems anywhere else, just here.  Though today has been smooth, weird.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yesterday I tried to snipe a pokemon card lot auction and I was going to put $211. It said network error when I submitted my bid and so it didn't go through and the winner won for $158. I had it on my watch list for many days and was very careful not to miss the auction. That was extremely frustrating and definitely nothing to do with my own internet. I checked my internet immediately and it was working fine and eBay completely worked fine right after that. I wonder if it was such a popular item that too many people were trying to bid on it at the same time and other people's bids got rejected like mine and it went for much cheaper than it should have.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Sure I encounter glitches here every now and then.

No more (or less) than any other site.

People have a tendency to remember when the site is down and not all the times it's up and working flawlessly.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Site traffic can cause problems, too - particularly if servers are overloaded. I deal with this a lot more on Mercari than on here, though. It was so bad there last week that I gave up  using the site at all - then an email came informing users that the problems had been fixed. I still had problems and they cited site traffic, but they've since cleared up.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

For about the last 4 months

If you have only been having trouble with ebay glitches for 4 months you are by far the luckiest ebayer there ever was. The gods must truly shine down on you.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

eBay only hires 3rd world help - what do you expect

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@cashmeredelight wrote:

eBay only hires 3rd world help - what do you expect

Is that right?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Might be congestion other places, just tried to log into another site and sloooow, then got the 'can't find the connection' message.  Pfffft.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Local grocery store:

Let's try again

We're having trouble connecting, please try again.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Back in the day before I had wi-fi I used to get all kinds of problems with connections using a cable modem because there was congestion from high usage. It was a huge pain because I made my living telecommuting.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 16
latest reply