cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Ebay Accounts ????

Are we allowed to have more than 1 ebay account ?? For example if I had one seller account, is it against the rules or policy to open a second ??  thank you

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

No.
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

No, not against the rules.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

@simply_selling_2378 wrote:

Are we allowed to have more than 1 ebay account ?? For example if I had one seller account, is it against the rules or policy to open a second ??  thank you

@simply_selling_2378

I have three... 2 for selling 1 as a "posting id" (that I never remember to use).

I know a few sellers that have 4-5 selling accounts and most of those accounts are shooting stars.

Just remember if one goes down, or gets suspended they will ALLLLLLL go down together.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

You can have as many accounts as you want but keep in mind they are all connected to each other. 

• There are rules against selling the same item at more than one account, so keep that in mind. 
  • You will need a different eBay registered email address for each account.
  • You can use the same Paypal registered email at all eBay accounts if you want.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@simply_selling_2378 wrote:

I have 5 (or maybe 6, can't remember). All of them can be used for selling, but I only actively sell on 3 of them.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@simply_selling_2378  You can have up to 8 accounts linked to the same PayPal account but each has to have its own email adress for billing purposes.  You can have as many eBay IDs as you want is what I understand. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

I have  6 accounts and watch my own items with all of them behind a VPN. Changing the geographic location each time I log in to another account. Sometimes London, sometimes Africa etc. That way, to ebay, it thinks they are actual buyers across the world. At least I think so. 

My listings get moved up in search. I get more views, more interest and more sales.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@simply_selling_2378  You can have up to 8 accounts linked to the same PayPal account but each has to have its own email adress for billing purposes.  You can have as many eBay IDs as you want is what I understand. 

Well almost. You can have 8 EMAILS attached to PayPal. You can have as many accounts using one single payment email that is attached to PayPal. 

Each eBay account needs their own email address, but they can all use the same PayPal payment address, so 'technically' you can have a thousand eBay accounts using the same PayPal account through one single payment email.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@pantlandia

@pantlandia wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Well almost. You can have 8 EMAILS attached to PayPal. You can have as many accounts using one single payment email that is attached to PayPal. 

Each eBay account needs their own email address, but they can all use the same PayPal payment address, so 'technically' you can have a thousand eBay accounts using the same PayPal account through one single payment email.

... well, I was close anyway ...

Regards,
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@pantlandia

@pantlandia wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

... well, I was close anyway ...

Your info was correct enough 🙂 I highly doubt anyone is using the method I've said, but it is a possibility in case someone has more than 8 selling acounts.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

I use the same PayPal email address in all my listings (4 selling accounts) because it somehow feels more secure to NOT use the same email address that eBay has for me.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

I use the same PayPal email address in all my listings (4 selling accounts) because it somehow feels more secure to NOT use the same email address that eBay has for me.

Makes perfect sense to be honest. I might actually consider doing that.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@partial*eclipse

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Wait, let me understand this post ... you have 4 accounts but you use the same PP email for selling on all accounts.  But, each account has its own descrete email address correct?  You just have all the $$ go to the same account right?

Regards,
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Yes, each eBay account has a unique email address.    But for all 4 accounts, I use just one email address in the payments section of the listings.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply