cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercari removed seller fees in April 2024

I use Mercari for some of my listings.  Ebay has been a bit too bot friendly lately and of course the fees are the fees. Mercari removed seller fees. All of them. They DO have a fee to withdraw funds.. a $2.00 flat rate. Its better to withdraw a lot of money vs a little (when is it not better?) Anyone else hear about this switch?  Yes customers pay more but it is a nice feeling that someone is willing to try this to the benefit of sellers. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@think-unique  Lots of discussion about the recent Mercari changes over on this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Another-Competitor-Makes-Some-Big-Changes/td-p/34373213 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You need the Mercari subreddit.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, as of March 27th, they are charging Buyers the fees they use to charge to sellers.  It is Mercari's position that sellers should lower their prices to reflect that they no longer have to pay the fees.  However it is my opinion that many sellers won't be doing that much to Mercari's dismay.  

It is doubtful this is going to turn out like Mercari wants, which is to revitalize the site. 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply