cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2019 Policy Change -- Forced “Good Til Canceled”

eBay's new policy to force users to use "Good Til Canceled" is one of the worst decisions eBay has made in the last 10 or 15 years.  An EcommerceBytes survey conducted earlier this month states that 72% of those who responded think it is a BAD IDEA.  I guess we will find out if eBay cares what its customers think...  Hello Amazon?

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

I am also thinking about selling off what I can and closing my store!! I do NOT like listing my items for 30 days good till cancelled.

It is just another way for eBay to try and make more on listing fees. I already pay to much to sell on here! I will be lowering my prices and try to change what listings I can to auction style but I never make any money that way.

Also it puts your watched items in their list for 30 days so there is no urgency to but it now, it shows up as ending soon in 30 days instead of 5, 7 or 10 days!!

I am not happy with it being shoved down our throats and take it or leave it? So I think I along with a lot of others I am hearing from saying the same thing. Time to stop selling on eBay, you are making it cost to much.

Message 31 of 67
latest reply

I AGREE, BAD IDEA!! I AM THINKING ABOUT SELLING OFF WHAT I CAN AND CLOSING MY STORE!! EBAY IS COSTING TOO MUCH TO SELL ON!! YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS BEFORE YOU LOOSE A LOT OF THEM!
Message 32 of 67
latest reply

I AGREE!! I AM NOT VERY HAPPY AT ALL WITH THE CHANGE!! I AM THINKING ABOUT SELLING OFF WHAT I CAN AND CLOSING MY STORE!! EBAY IS COSTING TO MUCH TO SELL ON!!
Message 33 of 67
latest reply

CHANGE IT BACK!!! SELLERS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH IT!!! WILL BE LOOKING TO SELL SOMEWHERE ELESE!!
Message 34 of 67
latest reply

I AGREE!! CHANGE IT BACK!!!
Message 35 of 67
latest reply

ME TOO!! I PAY FOR MY STORE AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO LIST FOR ASLONG AS I WANT NOT BE FORCED TO LIST ONE WAY ONLY!!
Message 36 of 67
latest reply

I AGREE, IT IS COSTING TOO MUCH TO SELL ON EBAY ANY MORE!! CHANGE IT BACK!!
Message 37 of 67
latest reply

But if you don't have enough free listings available to you at the end of the month you will be charged to relist them automatically! So you need to pay attention to how many listings you have and when they expire.
Message 38 of 67
latest reply

I am doing the same!! I am trying to sell off what I can and thinking about closing my store!! eBay change it back!! You are charging too much as it is!!
Message 39 of 67
latest reply

I agree 100%!! Now they will sit in watch lists for 30 days with no sense of urgency to but it now before the listing ends!! Most buyers see it and buy it now they don't wait 30 days unless they can't afford it.
Message 40 of 67
latest reply

I AM NOT SELLING VERY MUCH AT ALL THIS YEAR COMPARED TO LAST YEAR I AM WAY DOWN ON SALES!! EBAY IS COSTING ME MONEY WITH THIS STUPID CHANGE!!! TIME TO LOOK ELSEWHERE TO SELL!!!
Message 41 of 67
latest reply

I AGREE AND EBAY NEEDS TO CHANGE IT BACK!! TIME TO LOOK SOME WHERE ELSE TO SELL!! THINKING ABOUT SELLING OFF WHAT I CAN AND CLOSING MY STORE!!!
Message 42 of 67
latest reply

ppacific :I am boycotting eBay and urge other sellers to do the same.
Me too I shut down my store
Message 43 of 67
latest reply

equalizingman: The weather is getting warm enough to sell at the Flea Market,
I registered with my local market this week. I am clearing out my collectables at teh market and will be selling my jewelry at craft fairs and other sites.
Message 44 of 67
latest reply

albums4u2>Scared to death of every emails I get from a buyer. The GTC is horrible. The fees are terrible. There has to be someplace better.
this is exactly how I feel no fun any more . no moer "eBay Opens" for me It is "eBay closed" instead
Message 45 of 67
latest reply