cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORE Ebay **bleep**

I've been selling vinyl records on Ebay for a long time now and now they come up with more **bleep** to add to listings................They want me to update my 4400 listings to include information which is already listed in the title of the listing...........The time involved would be ridiculous...........I've just spent over a half an hour trying to find the Ebay phone contact but evidently, sellers can't do that anymore as there I couldn't find it.......... I'm so tired of their nonsense and increasing fees.............When I first started the total fees were around 8%, now it's around 22% and the service is worse...................Any help regarding with these insane policies would be appreciated.........Thanks   

Elliot Yablun
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

MORE Ebay **bleep**

Why don't you just do it in bulk?  I have 14000 sports cards I had to adjust and it took me about an hour to do them all in bulk.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

To understand why they are doing this look up "structured data" on Google and you may start to understand.

4400 listing is a lot to update so I sympathize your situation.

On the other hand the notification for these changes was made months ago in the last Seller Update (maybe even before that), eBay has been sending out reminders and notices have been in the Seller Hub for several months.

Just be happy this doesn't happen often, the last time the Music Category had an Item Specifics overhaul was about 10 years ago.

Also keep in mind only the "required" ones need to be fixed, the rest that are "recommended" can be ignored if you wish or filled in only if they are relevant in some way.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

I will expand a bit on your concern. I have somewhat the same issue. eBay does not understand sometimes old stuff is just that....OLD STUFF!  I sell vintage original new and used items. I don't always know what country something was made in....what it's made of, or any other of the nonsensical, over-kill information, that just does not [in the real time world] apply. the item is, what it is. I usually give a pretty good descriptive bit of information, that most buyers would be interested in. eBay seems to feel that everybody, who sells on eBay, list NIB contemporary, mass produced items. How do those who sell mainly used garage sale items deal with it? And if one doesn't muddy the waters with all of these *unnecessary* adjective hoops to jump through, eBay may curtail ones listing exposure. My apologies for riding your post coat tails a bit, there are countless numbers of us this same dilemma. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

"now it's around 22%"

That seem high, I sell in Media, my fees are never that high, more like 15% on average.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

@tripodsportscollectibles wrote:

Why don't you just do it in bulk?  I have 14000 sports cards I had to adjust and it took me about an hour to do them all in bulk.

The Item Specifics changes in Music are more complex and not at all conducive to bulk edit, perhaps a couple of fields but there is usually at least a couple that have to be done one by one.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

Can't do album titles in bulk but thanks for the suggestion

Elliot Yablun
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

Thanks for your response..........I'm assuming your ebay name is from the group?........................FAR OUT

Elliot Yablun
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

@hawkwind5454 wrote:

I will expand a bit on your concern. I have somewhat the same issue. eBay does not understand sometimes old stuff is just that....OLD STUFF!  I sell vintage original new and used items. I don't always know what country something was made in....what it's made of, or any other of the nonsensical, over-kill information, that just does not [in the real time world] apply. the item is, what it is. I usually give a pretty good descriptive bit of information, that most buyers would be interested in. eBay seems to feel that everybody, who sells on eBay, list NIB contemporary, mass produced items. How do those who sell mainly used garage sale items deal with it? And if one doesn't muddy the waters with all of these *unnecessary* adjective hoops to jump through, eBay may curtail ones listing exposure. My apologies for riding your post coat tails a bit, there are countless numbers of us this same dilemma. 

You don't have to fill out anything but the "required" ones.........  just leave blank the ones you don't have info on.........  That said......alot of collectors can somewhat date an item by the country where it was made.....Japan was the earliest mass producing ceramic country(excluding Europe), then Hong Kong, then Taiwan......today I ran into Lefton made in Sri Lanka.........Clothing follows a similar pattern of moving from country to country......

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

Why, yes....It is.😉

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

I sell vintage toys and I can never Master that 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

Many of those required fields will accept a user input. like NA.

MORE Ebay **bleep**

Yes, either N/A or Does Not Apply.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

@shigbig wrote:

Can't do album titles in bulk but thanks for the suggestion

You can do the album titles in bulk if every album has the same title .. for example, "See listing description" 🙂

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

MORE Ebay **bleep**

The person who thought requiring the album name for a vinyl 45 has probably never searched for vinyl. They probably don't even know what a vinyl record is.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply