cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***MISLEADING*** Ebay, please do something about this...Product Ratings and Reviews

I listed an item for sale on ebay. To my surprise, when I viewed my listing, ebay has an automated product review and feedback at the bottom of this specific product. However, it appears as a continuation of my listing! The headline for the first feedback states "Misleading." I understand that this is an automated review of the product; however, to the potential purchaser, at first glace this review potentially reflects my feedback as a seller. Thus, it potentially gives potential buyers the idea that someone left feedback for me and categorized me as "misleading."

I would request that ebay seriously consider changing how a product review is listed (location on page, font changes, color changes, ?, etc.) so that it does not confuse potential buyers as to the reputation/feedback of the sellers.

Anyone else out there with the same concern?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: ***MISLEADING*** Ebay, please do something about this...Product Ratings and Reviews

When you look at the review, there is a way to report it to eBay. When you look at the review there will be a thumbs up, thumbs down and an exclamation mark. Chose the exclamation mark, pick a reason and report.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: ***MISLEADING*** Ebay, please do something about this...Product Ratings and Reviews

IIRC, isn't there an option under site preferences to opt out of having product reviews shown on your listings?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@threshold.sales.group wrote:

IIRC, isn't there an option under site preferences to opt out of having product reviews shown on your listings?

Not any more......

2016 Spring Seller Update

Can I opt-out of product reviews for my listings?

No. Starting on May 6, product reviews will be available for those listings that are eligible. eBay sellers who previously opted out of product reviews on My eBay will will be opted back into product reviews. If you opted out and want to opt in to take advantage of the benefits of product reviews before May 6 you can do so on My eBay.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Screenshot_2016-04-15-06-18-46_1.jpg

Screenshot of reviews policy and not being able to opt out. eBay has been good in the past about removing reported reviews.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Alot of sellers are starting to put disclaimers in their listings informing buyers the product reviews are misleading and do not adequately reflect the listing for which they appear. Might want to try that until ebay fixes. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Nope, I like the product review just like it is.

Maybe try selling what ebay is about, unique items.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I see some of my listings seem to have no bottom, the scroll bar just goes down all the way to who knows where.

What causes that???

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Oh ebay hasn't been about unique items for years now. They like the cheap **bleep** sellers from China. They want to be Walmart. Been here over 15 years. Get's annoying when ebay sends notes telling me my pricing is to high. Coach limited edition - $200.00. Which they compare to 500 same looking Coach $30.00. They are trying price fixing.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

One of the worst updates ebay has had to date. Plenty of other places on line to get actual reviews of items / products which are actually written by people who know what they are talking about.  Too easy to confuse anyone not paying attention to what they are looking at. Please remove this from all listings. If you can not delete it then at least move it to the bottom of the page and add a Disclaimer to it stating it is about the product, not the seller.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Not even about the product if you are selling vintage stuff. I just listed a lot of vintage faux turquoise jewelry, and a 3 star product rating showed up! C'mon. There are 33 pieces, which one got the bad review, eh? The reviews might work for actual new products, but they have NOTHING to do with vintage! This is awful - it makes it look like MY products have bad reviews, and they do not.

I came back here from Etsy, but I may have to rethink my decision.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@juliojoaquin wrote:

I listed an item for sale on ebay. To my surprise, when I viewed my listing, ebay has an automated product review and feedback at the bottom of this specific product. However, it appears as a continuation of my listing! The headline for the first feedback states "Misleading." I understand that this is an automated review of the product; however, to the potential purchaser, at first glace this review potentially reflects my feedback as a seller. Thus, it potentially gives potential buyers the idea that someone left feedback for me and categorized me as "misleading."

I would request that ebay seriously consider changing how a product review is listed (location on page, font changes, color changes, ?, etc.) so that it does not confuse potential buyers as to the reputation/feedback of the sellers.

Anyone else out there with the same concern?

@juliojoaquin, I looked at your listing but didn't see any product review.  I scrolled all the way down to the bottom.   

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I agree. It should be made clearer that this is a general rating of a product from all of eBay and not a rating of this particular seller. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

i agree.....had a listing up this month....ebay inserted a " customer review" from another transaction, from another seller, and their customer slammed the item and the seller.....why ebay felt it kind to post that negative review at the bottom of MY listing is beyond me......

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

ebay hasn't been about unique items in years. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply