cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low ball offers

I have seen the Best Offer auto accept and decline but never did it😞I thought it would be difficult for a huge amount of items +1000. However I muddled through it and it was super easy!! Now it is so…… quiet lol

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Low ball offers

Solid tool for controlling offers if you don't want to see the low balls.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Low ball offers

Only one thing to consider: if you use Sales via the Marketing page at any point, it will for some stupid reason allow you to discount the product price below your minimum accepted offer amount, which will block any offers at all.  We use to put the auto-decline at around 70% of our product price, but that issue caused us to stop using it or put it very low to just weed out stupidly low offers for now (since we use Sales to discount our old items in stages).

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Low ball offers

I have found that its better to not use auto accept and decline.  Let a potential buyer send you a low ball offer.  Don't take it personally.   Then you can counter with what you think would be a reasonable price.

I have done this for years and will usually cut folks a small break if they live sufficiently far from me that shipping is prohibitively expensive.  

I also have blocked buyers who continue to send me ridiculously low offers even after I respond with a reasonable counter offer.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply