cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low - New Ebay

GTC has brought the Ebay end result. Your influence on sales is less and less.  Sales are lower, just accept it.

Run your business...forget it, Ebay is in charge.  They know what's best...just follow the downward trend and the next half thought they have.   Screwed up, the world over. 

Ebay only cares about there short term bottom line.  The Ebay end is approaching.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Low - New Ebay

Your opinions to me are so funny.  Happy resurrection day (April

21 2019)!

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

The GTC affects everyone differently - no need for anyone to be rude to other sellers who have different opinions on it and no reason to push it on sellers where it doesn't help their business plan.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Very well said tunicasalot!

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

The GTC affects everyone differently - no need for anyone to be rude to other sellers who have different opinions on it and no reason to push it on sellers where it doesn't help their business plan.

It has only been 30 days, and this seems a bit is premature?  IMO it is a benefit to every seller but many including yourself are focused on what you perceive as bad for your business and not recognizing the good things this creates.

• If sellers would use the benefits like a stable URL address that you the seller can use in many ways to bring in your buyers then you might see value.
  • Sellers need to learn that when a listing is listed or how long it has been listed is not important any longer with the new cataloged product pages.
  • Sellers need to understand the extra exposure listing will get from marketing both from eBay and the sellers efforts all because eBay made these formatted listing. 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Catalogued pages DO NOT HELP the one-off or one-of-a-kind seller!

GTC may help the sellers who sell a lot of the same items over & over, but does very little to no help other types of sellers. 

I am sure it benefits Asian sellers who have hundreds to thousands of the same item, but they probably used it anyway, why should everyone else be FORCED to use it?

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@vintageista wrote:

Catalogued pages DO NOT HELP the one-off or one-of-a-kind seller!

GTC may help the sellers who sell a lot of the same items over & over, but does very little to no help other types of sellers. 

I am sure it benefits Asian sellers who have hundreds to thousands of the same item, but they probably used it anyway, why should everyone else be FORCED to use it?

Can you define what you are calling one of a kind?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Totally agree. Haven't had one sale in a month. GTC has literally put my sales to a halt. Used to make several sales a week on my handmade items, now I can't even sell one a month on here? Oh well, at least I have Etsy...

No one cares about my opinions though as I'm just a small time seller on here, which is who I'm assuming they're looking to shed with this forced implementation of GTC. It's all about the big-time overseas sellers that eBay is pandering to. It's becoming a wasteland of tech gadgets and cheapo mass-produced 50 cent phone cases. Yawn. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:
  • If sellers would use the benefits like a stable URL address that you the seller can use in many ways to bring in your buyers then you might see value.

Store items have stable URL address's, have for years and years and years.. I think your dreaming of what will never be..

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@valuestore wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

Store items have stable URL address's, have for years and years and years..

Wrong.  If you are relisting your items over and over you have a new URL address each time you do this.  The GTC listing keep the same URL address each time it renews.  This allows external search engine to send potential buyers back to an active listing versus sending them to a dead link.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

eBay used to like to be referred to as "the middle man" and anything between the buyer & seller was up to them.  Now eBay wants to control EVERYTHING.  Good luck to us all!     🙂

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

It has only been 30 days, and this seems a bit is premature?  IMO it is a benefit to every seller

This is absolutely wrong. It has taken away sellers options that worked best for them. People are now just watching my items and no rush because it will always be there. Impulse buying is gone. Hurry before item ends. gone. On oned item alone 387 views 12 watchers. That has never happened. One example.

but many including yourself are focused on what you perceive as bad for your business and not recognizing the good things this creates.

It is not perceived as bad when so many sellers sales are falling at the same time. It is fact.

• If sellers would use the benefits like a stable URL address that you the seller can use in many ways to bring in your buyers then you might see value. Wrong
  • Sellers need to learn that when a listing is listed or how long it has been listed is not important any longer with the new cataloged product pages. Wrong. My best sales and lots of other sellers agree that sales come when the listing is about to end.
  • Sellers need to understand the extra exposure listing will get from marketing both from eBay and the sellers efforts all because eBay made these formatted listing. Wrong. They said it increases exposure on google. I could always find my items on google even on the 7 day cycle. It is how I compare prices.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@pauls-parts wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

It has only been 30 days, and this seems a bit is premature?  IMO it is a benefit to every seller

This is absolutely wrong. It has taken away sellers options that worked best for them. People are now just watching my items and no rush because it will always be there. Impulse buying is gone. Hurry before item ends. gone. On oned item alone 387 views 12 watchers. That has never happened. One example.

but many including yourself are focused on what you perceive as bad for your business and not recognizing the good things this creates.

It is not perceived as bad when so many sellers sales are falling at the same time. It is fact.

• If sellers would use the benefits like a stable URL address that you the seller can use in many ways to bring in your buyers then you might see value. Wrong
  • Sellers need to learn that when a listing is listed or how long it has been listed is not important any longer with the new cataloged product pages. Wrong. My best sales and lots of other sellers agree that sales come when the listing is about to end.
  • Sellers need to understand the extra exposure listing will get from marketing both from eBay and the sellers efforts all because eBay made these formatted listing. Wrong. They said it increases exposure on google. I could always find my items on google even on the 7 day cycle. It is how I compare prices.

Good Luck Selling!

You have some misunderstanding about GTC listings. 

• They go through the same 30 day listing cycle. 
  • They show the countdown just like defined time frame fixed price listing do. 
  • Buyer will see the soon ending time for GTC listings. 
  • Buyer do not have anything shown to them that tells them this listing has been relisted

Sellers still have options. 

• Sellers can still edit listing
  • Sellers can start and stop listing manually for shorter time frames when they want to and they have control over this.  eBay has not taken away this ability.

How much time is left in listings is not going to be important moving forward because the cataloged product pages are going to show your listing next to same items along with important buyer attributes.  Buyers will be buying based on what is available to them. 

Good Luck Selling!

Good Luck Selling!

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@pauls-parts wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

Finding your items and buying your items from a link on google are completely different things.  If the 7 day FP listing ends the link (URL address) buyers find on google leads them to dead pages.  GTC listings keep the same URL address all the time that google uses to link there users to product pages here at eBay.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@pauls-parts wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

You have some misunderstanding about GTC listings. Wrong I do understand GTC. I used the 10 day cycle and my sales were mostly towards the end of the cycle.

• They go through the same 30 day listing cycle. I know that
  • They show the countdown just like defined time frame fixed price listing do.  Yep know that too
  • Buyer will see the soon ending time for GTC listings. Uh-Huh
  • Buyer do not have anything shown to them that tells them this listing has been relisted . No but it no longer shows the the item close to ending.

Sellers still have options. 

• Sellers can still edit listing Never said they could not
  • Sellers can start and stop listing manually for shorter time frames when they want to and they have control over this.  eBay has not taken away this ability. You are wrong. You cannot list for shorter time frames. Listings will always show up longer than the 10 days.

How much time is left in listings is not going to be important moving forward because the cataloged product pages are going to show your listing next to same items along with important buyer attributes.  Buyers will be buying based on what is available to them. You are wrong in this also. What about the sellers who don't use the catalog.

Probably more important is that eBay has taken away a sellers system of selling that worked best for them. Not all sales tactics are the same. It is like saying a used car salesman uses the same selling methods as a new car salesman.

eBay does not know how to sell our items. We do. No sellers methods should be the same. Everyone should be able to use what method works for them and it has been taken away even if you do not see it.

Good Luck Selling!

Good Luck Selling!

Message 15 of 25
latest reply