cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my top rate status-case closed without seller resolution

But there is no data to tell what they are talking about.  The item is a picture of a plate.  The see more information comes up as oops, we can't find it.

I don't have cases close without my input-if I know about it.   How do I find out more about this case and how do I find out if eBay let me refund or if they just decided to go over my head?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

first off, i am so sorry you have lost a badge you worked so hard for over something so trivial. the buyer, im assuming spoke to ebay instead of handling things with you first. which is quite unsavory & impulsive imho. if it where an honest issue, they most likely would have just messaged you, as starting a case is usually square two, but i digress.

here is my map to get to CS easier, never trust their after hours email support, you'll wait for nothing then just get copy pasted. good luck!✌🏻🌺

help & contact} scroll to the bottom for contact us} buying} how buying works} chat with us.

i dont agree/trust socials so going off of the platform to contact ebay i would never suggest. only contact them through the site, chat or get the instant call back.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

first off, i am so sorry you have lost a badge you worked so hard for over something so trivial. the buyer, im assuming spoke to ebay instead of handling things with you first. which is quite unsavory & impulsive imho. if it where an honest issue, they most likely would have just messaged you, as starting a case is usually square two, but i digress.

here is my map to get to CS easier, never trust their after hours email support, you'll wait for nothing then just get copy pasted. good luck!✌🏻🌺

help & contact} scroll to the bottom for contact us} buying} how buying works} chat with us.

i dont agree/trust socials so going off of the platform to contact ebay i would never suggest. only contact them through the site, chat or get the instant call back.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Under 'Performance' you can click/run report for 'not handled by seller' (whatever it's called) to find out who and what.

If it's wrong, or if that don't work- either way..

Do the ebay facebook contact thing. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@sprinkles91 

Great advice, but a waste of time.  The Ebay CS agents are clueless and provide info that is mostly incorrect.  Chat option or not. 

The best route to go is the FB for business link:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Many posts here on these boards with their ability to be helpful.  They are US CS agents who work for Ebay, Inc. 

The Ebay CS agents are contracted labor overseas with very little knowledge as to how Ebay works and runs as a business.  They tell you what you want to hear and send you on your way.  Not professional. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

"Do the ebay facebook contact thing."

its actually really ill advised to go off of the platform to contact ebay🤗i would never suggest trying to find them on social media to anyone, especially if their new. a lot of us dont even have social media, & those accounts could be anyone. you have to use your personal information, so staying on the site is always safest. ive never had a problem chatting w them during business hours(after 7am)

a less technical person might just accidentally feed their personal information into a scam account just as easily, is what im trying to say. always stay on the website, & NEVER google "ebay customer service number" you cannot even call them, they have to call you through you requesting it through your ebay account}help & contact.✌🏻💖🌺

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I would reach out to the FB for ebay business link:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

apologies, but i do not agree unfortunately, & thats ok🤗 i just dont feel it is responsible with the type of information that you have to provide them, & i feel its much more concious to stay on the website, but i have copius amounts of experience with being a computer technician & knowing how that all actually functions, as a result i chose to freely opt out of toxic social media because of all of the dishonesty & risk to my personal information; im not here to argue & this was said purely informativley as a responsable adult✌🏻

with my personal experience, social media accounts should never be trusted with your personal information, no matter how legitimate they may look. but ive learned to protect my personal info by all means necessary, the hard way early on in life, unfortunately.

with ebay CS chat. again from personal experience & explaining my issue in detail, literately, keeping a level head,  & sticking with them until the situation is handled if i see their going to understand my issue appropriately, & switching agents rarely if needed if that human being decides to not be helpful, then using my copy/pasted pre written out short & to the point but descriptive issue, ive never really had an issue with chat that i couldnt get amended in a timely manner, & 95% of the time, they understand me perfectly fine..but i dont accept no as an answer if ive been wronged, or anyone who doesnt wish to do the job their being paid for, & my time is valuable. i feel most people should handle CS of any type this way, we're all adults here.

that isnt to say that ive never had an issue with CS, but every human is feeling different that day, & ive had *much* more complication with say, amazon CS for example. ive been on ebay since i was 14, im 31. lol this certainly hasnt always been the case, but ebay CS has seemed a lot more proactive in the past 6 months roughly, that ive ever seen them bother to be.

what im trying to say is that i will not just sit there if they dont have the information i need, drag their feet. i dont sit there & argue, & i just skip to the next & express my issue with that next agent & my entire issue usually gets resolved! ive never needed more than 2 agents on ebay in the past 6 months, bc of how clearly i explain my issue, & the measures that i take.

have a nice day🤗✌🏻🌺

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

The facebook contact process is secure and very productive.  So is contacting them initially via twitter.

It is egregious to post to a fellow Seller in need, otherwise.  You reach out thru social media, but there is an established process post initial contact. 

@divwido 

Wait until Monday morning and reach out to e-Bay CS via social media link of your choosing. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

And please consider removing the solution selected.  It has mis-information that social media contact to e-Bay is bad. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

And please consider removing the solution selected.  It has mis-information that social media contact to e-Bay is bad. 

you have no right to make that statement. because going off of the website youre on to contact a customer service for that site via highly unstable social media is not wise in the least😳 its ok to have a difference of opinion, but you did not have to be rude in unison, & attempt to discredit my valid answer that was very truthful & informative thank you, just because you blindly trust social media, thats on you.

it is perfectly safe & secure to speak to ebay CS on the site, it is expressed that you do so, & common sense never to trust some random person n the internet with your personal or account information on such an unstable platform.

case closed. im sorry that your opinion is different than mine? but that does not make it stable, or fact just because you say it as such, that gives no one any stable right to try & discredit me just bc they dont agree with me, & its disrespectful. not all of us agree with sending the otherwise innocent tech unsavvy out onto random social media to try & contact the first account with ebay named that they see.

maybe, just maybe some of us know how dangerous that can be. just because none of you have ever had a bad experince with social media before, does not mean my valid & legitimate information being an ebay user for 17+ years now, is not valid or good.

some of us have different beliefs than you, so trying to discredit my legitimate advice from having been on this platform for so long & knowing how dangerous giving someone your personal information on a social media site can be, Having been both a buyer & first a seller, you think i would have a CLUE as to how to stay safe & be responsible.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

is egregious to post to a fellow Seller in need, otherwise."

enjoy your regular data breeches!

moving on.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

only their after hours email is like that, i find chat rather productive imho✌🏻🌺

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for that.  It's been a crappy morning and I needed the laugh and support.  I do tend to find the Facebook people to be more knowledgeable than the phone support people.    They at least sound like they work for eBay.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@sprinkles91 

If that works for you...great! Unfortunately for many, it hasn't.

I appreciate and respect your reply.  

You have a great day too!  My sunflowers are starting to bloom.  Stay tuned....🌻

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

I haven't seen an actual chat from eBay in years.  Mostly I get some idiot who has no idea what I'm talking about trying to answer a question they don't even understand.  Of course, I stopped calling about fifteen years ago after some very unhelpful, and seemingly deaf, customer service rep tried to help me.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply