cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings

Is there a Resource that I could use that could look over my listings & tell me what is wrong with them? As soon as I hit 90 days as a Seller, my sales dropped off to practically nothing. Is this normal? I have no idea, nor do I know anyone personally that I can ask. I seem to  only be squeaking by & making enough to buy shipping  supplies. Maybe I'm not meant to do this eBay thing - I don't seem to be very good at it!  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Listings

You've sold 164 items in 90 days..........and in March a sale per day or more.........not too shabby in my book!  In fact alot of seasoned sellers would envy that.

That said, there is some thought that ebay does give new sellers a "boost" in placements for a few months......so there could be a drop off......but I certainly don't think your recent sales are anything to squawk about. 

If you aren't making the $$ you want......you might look to listing things that could sell for higher prices.....if you have the inventory.......  Letting go of the below $10/15 items is hard in a way......but can benefit the bottom line in the long run. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Listings

@bridey_murphy_originals 

Looked at your listings, good pics, good ship$, good variety. The only thing that I would question is the sealed perfume. I believe that has to go ground ship maybe someone could clarify that.

Just hang in there, also your letter S is missing the 5th picture and the lot of scarves (12) I thought initially they were all Bob Seger scarves.

I think other than minor issues, you'll pick up in sales. Your shop is fun to browse and I wouldn't hesitate to save you as a seller! Best to you. Silver

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Listings

You've sold 164 items in 90 days..........and in March a sale per day or more.........not too shabby in my book!  In fact alot of seasoned sellers would envy that.

That said, there is some thought that ebay does give new sellers a "boost" in placements for a few months......so there could be a drop off......but I certainly don't think your recent sales are anything to squawk about. 

If you aren't making the $$ you want......you might look to listing things that could sell for higher prices.....if you have the inventory.......  Letting go of the below $10/15 items is hard in a way......but can benefit the bottom line in the long run. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Listings

Ground meaning UPS? 

Another thing: When I pick First Class shipping, I continually lose money.  Should I stick with Priority Shipping? First Class saves money for the customer so, I thought I was morally obligated to choose that. It ends up costing me though...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Listings

Thank you for being my life preserver - I was getting ready to stop fluttering. I'm so alone in this. It's very frustrating...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Listings

@bridey_murphy_originals wrote:

Is there a Resource that I could use that could look over my listings & tell me what is wrong with them? As soon as I hit 90 days as a Seller, my sales dropped off to practically nothing. Is this normal? I have no idea, nor do I know anyone personally that I can ask. I seem to  only be squeaking by & making enough to buy shipping  supplies. Maybe I'm not meant to do this eBay thing - I don't seem to be very good at it!  

Not sure I follow the logic of "only be squeaking by & making enough to buy shipping supplies".

You don't need to buy shipping supplies unless you sell the item, and if you sell the item I sure hope you are pricing high enough to give you a profit over the cost of shipping supplies!

If not, more sales would only mean doing more work for no money. 

All that aside ... 

Is it possible that you have already listed and sold all of your truly desirable sitems, and what you have left does not have that much demand or may be priced too high? 

Your Alfred Hitchcock book didn't sell at fixed price of $25. Not it is at auction for almost $15 with shipping, despite the fact that there are dozens and dozens going unsold at fixed price for $10 or less. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Listings

I am coming to the realization that I am merely an Indian - Not a Chief.  I guess I thought I could do this, but without formal training, I'm just spinning my wheels. Thank you for your insight.  🙂

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Listings

If you are putting in the correct weight, not sure how you are losing money.  Need to weigh the item & the box (or whatever you are using) and put that weight into the listing.  I presume you are doing shipping labels on ebay?  You should "make" a little, considering the buyer is charged at retail and you are going to get a slight discount when using ebay labels.

And yes, it is hard to "go it alone" on ebay with no one to bounce thoughts/problems/success off.  Sometimes just reading these boards can make you feel apart of things........but it can also be discouraging when you read the problems.....just remember that people use these boards for problems, not successes.....there are alot of successful sellers out there. 

@bridey_murphy_originals wrote:

Ground meaning UPS? 

Another thing: When I pick First Class shipping, I continually lose money.  Should I stick with Priority Shipping? First Class saves money for the customer so, I thought I was morally obligated to choose that. It ends up costing me though...

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Listings

I'm not sure either, but the Delivery price never matches the Label price. I enter calculated shipping, and the amounts are always different. I would add money as an Override for cushion, but the software doesn't allow for any alterations of First Class Postage. All of my items are packaged for shipping BEFORE I List them, and I add a label & plain piece of paper on the scale for the actual weight. I wish there were a User Manual I could buy...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Listings

You sold 164 items in 90 days and you think you can't do this? 

What? 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Listings

OP, your items are cool.  If my duo still had gigs I would love the 2 batwing tops.  Oh, the perfume does need to go by Ground, as well as the spray paint.  USPS offers Ground shipping for items like those.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply