cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Occasionally Not Showing in Search

Hey there.  I recently listed six jackets of the same model from the same designer with different prints on them.  The titles all have similar titles, ex. "(Designer) (Model) Bomber Jacket, Floral Print".  When I search on eBay from a different computer or in incognito mode for "(Designer) (Model) Bomber Jacket" sometimes I only see a few of the six listed... They aren't even buried in tons of other listings, just not even there.  I am curious why only some are being displayed, additionally it is reflected in the item view numbers as some of the jackets have dozens of views while several have only a handful.  It does not seem like anything is wrong with the listings.  I even uncharacteristically promoted them to see if that would bump them up in the search but to no luck.  Let me know your thoughts!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Listings Occasionally Not Showing in Search

I looked at some of the titles. You have very specifics in the titles which are why they do not all show up together.

I discovered mine....as an example: Stamp Monaco Set

Stamp Monaco Europa Set

The word "Europa" makes it more specific and thus with only those with the words "Stamp Monaco Europa  Set" it was show and it will not show up in "Stamp Monaco Set"

Its amazing how one word in your title does that.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Can you provide a link to the exact search you are using?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

There are a few posts the last few days about items not showing in search until the page is refreshed or re-searched. Happens quite a bit now it seems. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If the titles are the same, Ebay may read them as duplicates & suppress all but one of them. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi, you might find this to be of interest. Under Listing Conditions, the eBay User Agreement outlines how a listing will be shown in Search results, where eBay reserves the right to not include a seller’s listing or listings. It states:

To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer”

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259#6

In addition, eBay also includes what factors may influence inclusion in Search results. It states:

“the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:

• buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;
  • item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
  • seller's history, including listing practices, Detailed Seller Ratings, eBay policy compliance, feedback, and defect rate; and
  • number of listings matching the buyer's query,”

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

If the titles are the same, Ebay may read them as duplicates & suppress all but one of them. 

Yes, I've had that happen before.

In this case i would assign a random letter/number combination to each listing title.

Example: "F1" or "BB or "21"

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That is a link to an individual listing.

Can you provide a link to a search that should find that item that does not?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

Yes, I've had that happen before.

In this case i would assign a random letter/number combination to each listing title.

Example: "F1" or "BB or "21"

Exact same thing I do @inhawaii , they want you to do an MQ listing, but if I only have 2 or 3 & it's a one-off, I find it easier to do what you suggest. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 10
latest reply