cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing way down even after having the lowest price

I have sold items on ebay 2 years back and I am starting again. 

My current listing is not standing on the top 3 searches even though my prices is close to the competitiors.

Is that because I do not have recent selling history?

How do I make my listing stand out?

I have good pictures, complete description, free shipping etc

Need help guys I am a very small seller. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Listing way down even after having the lowest price

I guess that shows that lowest price is not always the deciding factor.

Presentation, track record, an entourage of previous customers who were happy with their sellers, regular activity on the account (aka listing stuff daily or at least with a short frequency), these are among the factors that I believe are actually more important than price.

Heck, I think just being seen is the biggest factor, and no matter what, that is one where the seller does not have full 100% control.  If the powers that be want to ensure that the bigger sellers get visibility over you, then there is little you can do.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That makes sense. 

Because although I have history I do not have a current track record of sales.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Your 0% feedback isn't helping. Buy a few things. You only need one feedback to get to 100%.

Taking photos with a wrinkled sheet for a background isn't good. Your white balance also seems to bounce around; blue in some photos, yellow in others.

Did you not notice the seller who's offering the same thing for $17 less (35%), with free shipping? He's sold 34 of them so far.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

When I searched for HUDA eyeshadow palette, I was shown many of various... but of the palettes containing 18 colors and labeled Desert Dusk, most were priced at about $12 (give or take a tiny bit) with Free Shipping.   Your listing is priced at $47 dollars!   BIG difference.   Perhaps there is a reason for this enormous price difference that isn't apparent to me as I am not familiar with this brand.

But even then, your listing was shown about mid-way down the first page.   There does seem to be a HUGE spread in the list prices of this/similar HUDA palettes.....

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I can click some good pictures. Thanks for the suggestion. 

The other seller doesnt have authentic product for sure. Because the palette retails for $65 and the wholesale price is not too low for people to sell the product at $35.  So I am certain that thats not authentic.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@hopinnshopwrote:

The other seller doesnt have authentic product for sure. Because the palette retails for $65 and the wholesale price is not too low for people to sell the product at $35.  So I am certain that thats not authentic.

That could certainly be.   I know nothing about this brand, but I do know that counterfeit makeup/beauty products are common on online selling sites where individuals sell, eBay included.   But, you asked only why your listing wasn't placing well, and likely price is a large factor in that, regardless that you are a new seller.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

That's true.

May be I  need to add small items and get feedback.

Thank you everyone for taking time and replying to my messages!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It will take some time to get back up there.  Just be more active buy some stuff you could use.  List a rare item or two.  Put in two catagorys helps sometimes.   Best regards

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It is generally not a good idea to buy and sell on the same account.  And the smarter (and really more desirable) buyers will still look at your feedback and discount the feedbacks for buying to assess your experience as a seller anyway.

My other accounts after this one built themselves up without trying to rely on buyer feedback to make them look better.  In fact, the three that are stores did not get any buyer feedback until the first time they used their shipping supplies coupons, and they are already in the triple digits.  One even recently reached and surpassed the 420 milestone.  🙂

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

“It is generally not a good idea to buy and sell on the same account. ”

Not as an ongoing practice, but it is just to get the feedback score off zero.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply