cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing not showing in search results

Hi, I'm a new seller on eBay and I'm having problems with the listings, on Friday i listed the first domain name, but Sunday it still didn't show in search results so i decided to delete it and start over, and made a new listing wich still isn't showing in search results. So what am i doing wrong ?

I tryed searching for the item by id wich dident get any results ID=272712346118

Is there anything i can do wrong when i list the item that will make it not become active in the search results?

Kind regards Dennis

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listing not showing in search results

Thanks Livadia 

Well Hmm i used the advanced search tab and search by id, wich isn't showing me any results.

So could it be something in my seller settings that is preventing me from finding my own items?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@electrondynamic wrote:

Hi, I'm a new seller on eBay and I'm having problems with the listings, on Friday i listed the first domain name, but Sunday it still didn't show in search results so i decided to delete it and start over, and made a new listing wich still isn't showing in search results. So what am i doing wrong ?

I tryed searching for the item by id wich dident get any results ID=272712346118

Is there anything i can do wrong when i list the item that will make it not become active in the search results?

Kind regards Dennis

@electrondynamic - Don't know how you are searching but when I searched by the Item # above it came right up.  Also comes up when searching by some of the key words of your title.  However, if you try and search by just "domain name" I can't tell you if your listing is visable or not as there are in excess of 11,000 listings selling domain names and I don't have time to go through all those.  Sorry.

FYI, below is a copy of what I see when I search by the item number you provided:

eBayJazda.jpg

HTH

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It came up for me using both the item number and keyword, but that doesn't mean that it will come up for everyone, including you. Read the user agreement...Listing conditions.

To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Livadia 

Well Hmm i used the advanced search tab and search by id, wich isn't showing me any results.

So could it be something in my seller settings that is preventing me from finding my own items?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@electrondynamic wrote:

Thanks Livadia 

@electrondynamic

Doubt it.  Go over to "My eBay" and click on the "Selling" tab/link.   That should show you what listings you have that are actively listed. 

I also see you're in Denmark.  Maybe it takes longer to index listings so they show up in searches viewable from your location as you have listed your offering on eBay.com which is the US site.  (?)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The selling tab is showing me that it is active.

Is that the wrong way to use the ebay US site?

But yes maby its because im in denmark that it will take longer to index.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your help i will study the user agreement again. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

i am listing my item yestrday and my broduct don't a ppear in the search when i search by name and you don't a ppear in my item for sell when i go to my profile this the first time 

my  item id 

(Item ID: 253063589049)

Message 8 of 8
latest reply